LiveCycle ES2 (and LiveCycle ES) ship with three undersold and unadvertised web applications that are VERY useful. Each is referred to as an Installation Verification Sample (or IVS) but they are great testing tools you can use during development and QA. There is
1) Assembler IVS,
2) Forms IVS, and
3) Output IVS
Output IVS looks like this...
The pattern for deploying and using all three IVSs is very similar as what I am about to describe for Output IVS. The following directions apply to the JBoss turnkey on Windows.
1) go to C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\deploy and locate adobe-output-ivs-jboss.ear
2) copy adobe-output-ivs-jboss.ear to C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\jboss\server\lc_turnkey\deploy
3) if necessary, start LiveCycle
4) open a browser and go to http://localhost:8080/OutputIVS/
5) click Check/Change your preferences
6) add Admin Credentials
7) click Save
8) click Test your form designs
9) Select an .xdp from Form designs
10) Click Use EJB (or Use Web Service if you feel so inclined) to invoke LiveCycle Output ES2
As Steve mentions, they are very help also to learn about the service.
Also some additional information to help you get running:
We don't have a blog entry about Assembler yet.
Hope that helps!