1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 14, 2010 7:46 PM by Bill Gehrke

Video Card Died For PPro CS3

kwompus Level 1

So, I'm in a bit of a pickle - I purchased a good system (Dell XPS) a few yrs ago and my video card (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 2) just died.  I know CS5 requires a 64-bit system, so at some point I will need to buy a new workstation.  I'm told that this card is no longer available and the GTX 460 756MB card would cost $209.99.  I also see on the forum that someone made a suggestion in another thread to get the GTX 460 1GB and another suggestion for the GTX 470 for later use w/ CS5. 

I have dual Apple monitors and this time would like to add a NTSC monitor/HDMI out.

I have not upgraded to a HD camera yet (still shooting on the XL1S) and I'm caught in that grey area of when to upgrade to HD - but to do it right is really pricey.  In a perfect world, I'd like to replace the video card and deal w/ a new OS/Workstation later, but I if I'm completely wasting my money I'd guess it might make sense to do it now.

Adobe Products / System Information:CS3 Suite Dell XPS Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX 2 Drives - 1.4TB

Are there suggestions out there about video cards for CS3.

Thank you!