2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2010 6:37 AM by sethhpu3

Exporting Green Screen as Transparent for Interactive PDF

sethhpu3

I am running CS5 Indesign and Premiere Pro CS5

I have a coach on green screen and keyed out the green and have a black background. I am wanting to place the coach only into an Indesign file and have him floating in front of the eventual interactive PDF. I have tried exporting through FLV and enabling the alpha encoder but have not had any luck with it working. Am I missing steps or is there a seperate way to make a background transparent? Thanks!

• 1. Re: Exporting Green Screen as Transparent for Interactive PDF
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

There are two places where things could be going wrong:

- The alpha channel (transparency) information might not be getting into the FLV file.

- The alpha channel in the FLV file isn't being used or interpreted correctly in the interactive composite that you're making.

Let's try to eliminate the first possibility.

Import the FLV back into Premiere Pro and drag it into a sequence so the it overlaps another clip such that you should be able to see the underlying clip through the transparent parts. Is the transparency working? If so, then the FLV file is fine and you need to sort out why the application that you're importing it into isn't interpreting or using the alpha channel correctly. My knowledge of interactive InDesign documents and FLV files in InDesign is near zero, so I'll have to hand you off to someone on the InDesign forum for that part.

• 2. Re: Exporting Green Screen as Transparent for Interactive PDF
            sethhpu3 Level 1

Todd

I am able to have footage behind my FLV when I import it. I used other footage and even a JPG to double check. The transparency is there it just doesn't export it seems like. I appreciate the help and any other help from other users. I guess the answer is with the interactive PDF and Indesign.