• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Topics missing after conversion to RH 8.0.2

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to RH 8, and did not convert any of my projects until both service releases were also installed. When I converted and opened one of my smaller projects, I noticed that several topics were missing from the Project Manager panel. I later noticed that the topics were also deleted from my hard drive. In the process of trying to troubleshoot this situation, I clicked the Index tab (auto hiding on the left side of the window, in my working environment), which resulted in a crash that closed the program. The crash was reproducible until I loaded the Default environment. I don't know if one issue is related to the other, however I do need to copy the missing topics back in to the project.

Any ideas on why the latest version of RH would completely remove topics? And if I copy the RH 7 versions of these topics back into the project, will they be automatically converted or do I have to do something to make that happen?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2010 Oct 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Peter Grainge's topic about opening projects on www.grainge.org That may give you some pointers about how to fix it up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the prompt response. Previously, I had skimmed the topic you mentioned and wasn't sure that it applied to my situation since I had already applied the 8.0.2 service release before the problem occurred. Since the first post, I have imported the missing topics successfully; the project compiles; and all seems well (with fingers crossed and frequent backups created).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp