4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 18, 2007 11:07 AM by Newsgroup_User

Resizing an Image

MyBubbles
      I need to resize an image. When I make the image smaller, it still keeps the same size box around it. When I link to the image in Dreamweaver, there's the big box around it from the original image so I can't get the text right up against the image. How do I get rid of this box so that when I click on the image in Dreamweaver, the box is the same size as the image?
        • 1. Re: Resizing an Image
          Level 7
          MyBubbles,

Might be better to look at what you are doing but it sounds like you are
          note changing the size of the canvas after you resize the image. Click
          next to the image to select the canvas and look in the Properties Panel
          for a button that says "Fit Canvas".

In DW make sure that the code reflects the new image size for width and
          height.

alex

MyBubbles wrote:
          > I need to resize an image. When I make the image smaller, it still keeps the
          > same size box around it. When I link to the image in Dreamweaver, there's the
          > big box around it from the original image so I can't get the text right up
          > against the image. How do I get rid of this box so that when I click on the
          > image in Dreamweaver, the box is the same size as the image?
          >
          • 2. Re: Resizing an Image
            pixlor Level 4
            The image sits on a canvas. After you resize the image, you need to also make the canvas smaller. Select
            Modify > Canvas > Trim Canvas
            and the canvas will be resized to fit your image.

• 3. Re: Resizing an Image
              MyBubbles Level 1
              I've done what you said but the image gets smaller in Dreamworks but the box around it is still a lot bigger than the image. I can't figure out why this is not working.
              • 4. Re: Resizing an Image
                Level 7
                do you have a url?

MyBubbles wrote:
                > I've done what you said but the image gets smaller in Dreamworks but the box around it is still a lot bigger than the image. I can't figure out why this is not working.