0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2010 4:46 AM by ConlinJG

Linking/Grouping Text Fields with a Check Box Field

ConlinJG

Disclaimer: I know nothing about coding/scripting in Acrobat (or in any language, for that matter).

I have 4 sets of text fields, call them A, B, C, and D. All of the fields in set A will have a value entered. There are 10 fields in set A while sets B, C, and D may have as many as 104. Sets B, C, and D will always have a one-to-one-to-one correspondence with each other (B1 is associated with C1 and D1 only and so on). My dilemma/desire is two fold:

First:

I want to be able to group 3 to 4 of the fields in set C if I tick a check box/radio button/whatever field type works. When the fields are grouped, I want their values to be the same within the grouping. These fields should also be ungrouped when the marker field is unchecked/deactivated. No field will ever be in any more than one group.

Second:

I want values for set B to equal a value of set A if there is a value entered in that B's corresponding C field.

Please don't hesitate to point out where I can make any of this clearer.

Thank you in advance,

Joseph

P.S.

If one or both of these is not doable in Acrobat, would you please kindly point me to a program that can do this?