2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2010 8:33 AM by VirtualCoder

Adobe & Flashbuilder 4 are brain dead !!!

VirtualCoder Level 1

I have spent several hours spinning my wheels with the following problem.  Within the same Workspace my pre-existing projects continue to work.  However, I purchased a small project from ActiveDen.net and it is throwing the following error.  I have installed and re-installed the Flash Player to the latest debug version without anything being resolved.  How the hell can this possible, within the same workspace?

---

Flash Builder cannot locate the required version of Adobe Flash Player. You might need to install the Flash Player or reinstall Flash Builder.

Do you want to try to run your application with the current version?

• 1. Re: Adobe & Flashbuilder 4 are brain dead !!!
          Gregory Lafrance Level 6

Go to Properties from the menu bar to see what version of Flash Player is required for the project, then follow the link in the error message and install debug and release version of that player.

What is irritating is that you may have to keep installing different versions of Flash Player when you work on different projects.

With that in mind, save the install files locally in case you need to install again.

If this post answers your question or helps, please mark it as such.

Greg Lafrance - Flex 2 and 3 ACE certified

www.ChikaraDev.com

Flex Training, Tutoring, Contracting, and Support Services

• 2. Re: Adobe & Flashbuilder 4 are brain dead !!!
            VirtualCoder Level 1

I have debugger version 10.1.85.3 of ActiveX and Plugin installed.

Everything is in an AS Project within AS3 source files.

How on earth can it be different than newly keyed in by hand projects?

AIR and Flex are way better technically but Silverlight will eat Adobe's lunch because of this peripheral sloppyness.

Damn I am so frustrated !