21 Replies Latest reply on Oct 19, 2010 10:14 AM by Nick101510

No Audio on Flash

Nick101510

Premiere Elements 9 - When shariing my movie to Adobve Flash Video, I get no audio.  Any solutions?

• 1. Re: No Audio on Flash
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What type of camcorder is your original video coming from and what settings did you use when you set up your Premiere Elements project?

Also, what player are you using to play the FLV file?

• 2. Re: No Audio on Flash
            Nick101510 Level 1

THe film is from different sources - tape, DVD.  I us

ed tha default settings for output. MY player is FLV Pro.  I just output to mpeg and got the same results.  No Sound.

• 3. Re: No Audio on Flash

Your source video is likely the problem.

Especially since, when you started your Premiere Elements project, you didn't change the settings for your specific source footage.

Mixing video from sources is also courting with disaster.

Though it's hard to say since I'm still not sure what type of camcorder your tape footage came from (or the other video sources) and how you got it into your computer. They could include audio codecs that the program can't interpolate.

• 4. Re: No Audio on Flash

There also could be issues with your Flash player, since FLV Pro is made primarily for playing and ripping files from YouTube.

You may want to try playing it with Adobe's Flash Player instead. It's a free download here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

• 5. Re: No Audio on Flash
                  Nick101510 Level 1

The same project exported fine from Premiere Element 3.  I did nothing

to the project, just opened it and exported.

• 6. Re: No Audio on Flash

You're not saying you opened a version 3 project with one of the newer versions of the program, are you?

That almost always leads to buggy behavior.

• 7. Re: No Audio on Flash
                      Akshat B Adobe Employee

Can you try opening the exported file (from PRE9) in any other media player like VLC or Real player?

• 8. Re: No Audio on Flash
                        Nick101510 Level 1

It doesn't open.  Nor does an mpg file I exported.

• 9. Re: No Audio on Flash
                          Akshat B Adobe Employee

"Doesn't open": Are you sayin VLC is not able to open these exported files or there is no audio?

Is it only related to the PRE3 project or you are also seeing this issue with projects created with premiere Elements 9

• 10. Re: No Audio on Flash
                            Nick101510 Level 1

No audio.  Only with files created in PE9.  Other mpg and flv

files work fine.

• 11. Re: No Audio on Flash
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Nick,

Since you say that your source media is from tape and DVD, can I assume that you are DV capturing firewire into Premiere Elements 3 and 9 as well as ripping VOBs from the DVD to get your project's Timeline content which would consist some combination of DV AVI and VOBs? How you are introducing your source media into Premiere Elements? And, what project preset are you using Premiere Elements 3.0.2 as well as Premiere Elements 9...NTSC DV Standard or Widescreen?

If I understand your issue correctly flv or mpeg files that export from Premiere Elements 3.0.2 are playing back for you in your favorite player; whereas flv or mepg files that you export from Premiere Elements 9 do not. If that is the case, could you please download and install the free utility named gspot to try to get a look at the properties of the version 3 export vs that of version 9.

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/v26x/quick_start.html

Perhaps we might pick up some fundamental difference between the two that might explain your results. The next step would be to take a hard look at the Export choices and presets that you are using and the settings under the Advanced Button of that preset and each of its tabs.

The answers are in the details. Depending on how the above information exchange flows, we could dig deeper into the players. I forgot to ask is your Premiere Elements 3.0.2 and Premiere Elements 9 on the same computer? And, is the Premiere Elements 9 the trial version or the purchased version?

ATR

• 12. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                Nick101510 Level 1

I am downloading now.   I'll let you know the results.

Both programs are on same computer.  Full version not trial.

I am getting a new computer next week, so

maybe when I install the program on the new comupter it will work.

• 13. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                  Nick101510 Level 1

The PE3 file uses an MPEG-1 Layer 2 codec at 748000 Hz.   The PE9 file uses an AC3 codec. at 478000 Hz.

• 14. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Nick

Since your Adobe Flash Video presets use the MPEG Layer III (MP3) video codec, I am assuming that your file comparisons were done with the MPEG export files.

If so, I have something for you to try in Premiere Elements 9. Go to the Audio Tab under the Share/Computer/MPEG preset's Advanced Button and change the Audio Format from Dolby Digital to MPEG and see if that makes a difference with that MPEG export.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
                                    • 15. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                      Nick101510 Level 1

I'll give it a shot.

• 16. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                        Nick101510 Level 1

That worked for the Mpeg.  Thank you.

• 17. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Nick

That was great news. Thanks for the follow up.

Now, should we try to figure out what is happening with the Adobe Flash Video export audio or are you OK with that?

For that one, I would need all the details of the Share/Computer/Adobe Flash Video and every last detail under the Advanced Button and its tabs.

In addition, a list of the players that you are using for that playback would top off the information needed to get at this aspect of the issues...what works and what does not.

ATR

• 18. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                            Nick101510 Level 1

Presets:  FLV-Web Large, NTSC Scouce (Flash 8 and higher)

File Type:  FLY/F4V

Frame Size:  640 x 480

Frame Rate:  29.97

Audio Setting:  MPEG Layer III (MP3), 128 kbps, Stereo

File Size 11494.4 MB

Duration:  12min, 32.0 sec

ADVANCED:

Audio  Codec MPEG Layer III (MP3)

Stereo

Bitrae Settings  128

• 19. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Nick

Thanks for the details on the Flash audio side of things.

I will give it a extensive look later today and get back to you with results and possible explanations (I hope) for what you encountered.

ATR

• 20. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Nick

I have done a mini test run to export the Premiere Elements 9 Timeline to Adobe Flash Video with the settings that you said that you used and ended up with no audio. I am not having any problems with this export’s audio with your settings, HOWEVER, I am using medium to short length Timeline content.

If I am reading your details, it looks like you are trying to export 11449.4 MB (that is about 11 GB) with a 12 minute duration. That seems to be a very large file for FLV?? Could the issues here be resources and the size of that Timeline for export to FLV? With 12 minutes at 29.97 frames/second, that comes out to be about 21578 frames.

How about this to rule that factor in or out? As a mini test case, take a chunk of that Timeline (maybe about 5 minutes of the 12) and see if that Timeline can be burned to Adobe Flash Video with your settings and come through the process with audio and video.

Depending on your results, links like the following may be meaningful for your situation

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/144/tn_14437.html

We will be watching for your results and thinking about plan B if you rule out the above consideration with your results.

Thanks.

ATR

• 21. Re: No Audio on Flash
                                                  Nick101510 Level 1

That did the trick.  It wouldn't play in my default flash player, but did work fine in RealPlayer.  I guess I'll have to keep it shorter or lower the resolution.  Thank you.