5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2011 7:13 AM by odcit

Adobe DLM can't download

FFT_Tech

Hello,

we are sitting behind an ISA firewall and are trying to download the Reader onto new builds of machines.

We get the Download manager but when the download starts, all we are getting is a server error (see screenshot)

AdobeError.png

Normally I would just get a "troubleshhoting link" which provides me with a manual download but they now appear almost impossible to find. It was only by typing in the server error code into google I managed to find a link to a manual download. I don't want to do this everytime so could somebody please point me in the right direction for what rules need to be implemented on my ISA or if my problems related to something else.

This happens with other downloads e.g. flash

Cheers!

• 1. Re: Adobe DLM can't download
          pwillener Level 8

You can find all Adobe Reader versions on the Adobe FTP site ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/ - navigate from here to the platform and language version you want.

• 2. Re: Adobe DLM can't download
            pwillener Level 8

Flash Player downloads for all platforms can be found on http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/fp_distribution3.html

• 3. Re: Adobe DLM can't download
              justtom1

Thanks.  This  was a lot of help.  Found exe and msi files easily.  Now to see if they will extract.

tm

• 4. Re: Adobe DLM can't download
                FFT_Tech Level 1

Thanks for the help, the links will certainly be of help. I would really appreciate it if Adobe sorted it out though.

We have since implemented a TMG firewall and I have tried all sorts of rules to allow the downloads to take place. If I place a machine on the otherside of the firewall in the perimeter network, the download manager works fine.

I conclude that our proxy firewalls are definately doing something with the DLM. Something for Adobe perhaps - it would be helpful if they provided documentation for this sort of thing as I am sure we are not the only company to use a proxy (ISA\TMG)

• 5. Re: Adobe DLM can't download
                  odcit

I am experiencing the same exact issue, both with ISA 2006 and TMG. Although downloading full installations is a workaround, I would rather get the updates to work. By monitoring the traffic during a download attempt, I have captured the following entry from my ISA server:

Denied Connection ODC10 10/28/2011 9:44:41 AM

Log type: Web Proxy (Forward)

Status: 12202 The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform Resource Locator (URL). 

Rule: Default rule

Source: Internal (10.10.11.99)

Destination: Local Host (10.10.11.23:8080)

Request: GET http://127.0.0.1:2982/app/adobe/index.html

Filter information: Req ID: 0c5e03ad; Compression: client=No, server=No, compress rate=0% decompress rate=0%

Protocol: http

User: anonymous

Additional information

Client agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Oxford Development Company; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; Oxford Development Company; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E; Oxford Development Company)

Object source: (No source information is available.)

Cache info: 0x0

Processing time: 1 ms

MIME type:

Can anyone make sense of this and advise on creating an ISA/TMG rule to allow Adobe updates? 10.10.11.23 is the Internal NIC on the ISA Server. I'm sure many ISA/TMG Admins would like to resolve this issue.