1 2 Previous Next 43 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2010 11:39 AM by the_wine_snob

Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects

jataylor3000

I have 8 separate Premier 8 .prel projects. Each is relatively small and I would like to create a single DVD with menu from all 8. May be a simple question but I'm haveing trouble figuring out how to accomplish. Any advice?

• 1. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
          Ed.Macke Level 3

I do this all the time. It's actually my normal workflow, after forum mod Steve G. recommended years ago.

For each project, export the project to a DV-AVI (in PrE7 - which I have - it's File > Export > Movie, but I believe the export menu structure changed in PrE8).

After that, you'll have 8 .avi files.

Then, you create one last "master" project in which you import those 8 .avi files, and burn the DVD.

• 2. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Ed.Mache

Premiere Elements 8 where there is no File Menu/Export/Movie, the route is Share/Personal Computer/AVI and then setting for the appropriate preset which would be DV NTSC Standard or DV NTSC Widescreen if you are heading for DVD-VIDEO Standard or Widescreen respectively..

ATR

• 3. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
              jataylor3000 Level 1

Thanks folks. I'll give it a shot this weekend.

• 4. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                Ruglen

Your question covers exacty what I want to do in Premiere 8.  Did you manage to make the DVD with a menu and was the video quality satisfactory?

I have found when I convert to AVI the quality is not perfect.

Mairi Maxwell

• 5. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Mairi Maxwell

Could you elaborate on

"I have found when I convert to AVI the quality is not perfect."

In what way?

And, are you referring to the conversion to DV AVI with Premiere Elements OR done in some other program where another type of AVI was created, such as MotionJPEG.avi, XviD.avi, DivX.avi, MPEG4.avi, or other. Not all .AVIs are the same. The compression can be different in these files with the .avi container/wrapper.

What was your source media, something like AVCHD Full 1920 x 1080, so that you are comparing your source media 1920 x 1080 with the resolution of DV AVI, namely 720 x 480? Therefore it would be helpful to know

a. the source, format, and duration of your Timeline

b. your Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 project preset

and

c. what preset you selected under Share/Personal Computer/AVI? Was it DV NTSC Standard or DV NTSC Widescreen without any adjustments under the preset's Advanced Button?

Are you using the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 Update version and are you running the program with the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features OFF?

ATR

• 6. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                    Ruglen Level 1

My earlier conversion were not done in Premier Elements.

My movies are HD 1920 X 1080 .MOV format. I am therefore very holeful that I will be happy with the conversion results in Premiere 8.

I did download and install the 8.01 update . Download reported as successful however the Welcome screen still is Premiere 8.

I was advised on the forum to disable the auto rendering which I did and am very pleased how my editing speed improved. I render the project when I have completed the editing.

I now have 5 short movies .mov format, I want to produce all 5 on one DVD with a menu.

What I have learned so far from the earlier post on this subject is  Share-- Personal Computer AVI.

Once I have saved all 5 in this way what is the next step?

Thanks for your help.

Mairi Maxwell

• 7. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                      jataylor3000 Level 1

Drag the individual AVI files, in order, to the Video 1 timeline. Use either manual or automatic scene marks. Select a menu (if desired) and apply to the video. Share as a DVD. Worked great for me and the results were far better than MPG.

Hope this helps.

JT

• 8. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                        jataylor3000 Level 1

Sorry but you said movie formats. I've done it with individual .avi files but movie files may work as well in PE

• 9. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Mairi Maxwell

To follow up on my previous post to you....

As first try, I would import one of your 1920 x 1080 .mov files into Premiere Elements with the appropriate project preset (new project dialog) for the properties of that 1920 x 1080, edit it (if necessary), and then export as DV AVI widescreen (Share/Personal Computer/AVI with the preset for DV Widescreen). Then do the same for each of the other .mov files in its own project. After you have exported/saved to hard drive all your DV AVIs, then import them all into a new project with the project preset (new project dialog) = DV Widescreen. And, then see what that looks like after you export that Timeline to Share/Disc/DVD with this export's DV Widescreen preset.

You realize that your original is 1920 x 1080 16:9 and your composite as DVD-VIDEO widescreen on the DVD disc will be 720 x 480 (NTSC) or 720 x 576 (PAL). In the case of the widescreen, there will be a 16:9 flag to stretch the video for display after encoding.

To take full advantage of your 1920 x 1080, then you might have to think Blu-ray if you have a Blu-ray burner. Other composite details would need to be incorporated to maintain the 1920 x 1080 workflow. To be discussed later if necessary.

ATR

• 10. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                            Ruglen Level 1

Thank for your interest. I do not have Blue Ray and the folks I will be giving the DVD to do not either.
                            I converted the movies to avi and the quality is not acceptable. 
                            I will have to produce a new project including all 5 projects to maintain the 1920 x 1080.  If it is too large for one DVD I will split it.
                            I have been struggling with this for sometime using other software prior to purchasing Premiere, I should have known I would not be happy with the conversion to AVI.
                            To be continued----------
                            Thanks
                            Mairi Maxwell

• 11. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                              nealeh Level 5

You cannot create a 1920 x 1080 DVD - there is no such thing. As Tony said DVD is 720x480(NTSC) or 720x576(PAL). If you are starting with 1920x1080 clips then you HAVE to downsample for DVD.

Cheers,
                              --
                              Neale
                              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 12. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                Ruglen Level 1

So the DVD produced by using my 1920 x 1080 .mov files is reduced to 720 x 480.

If I incorporate all 5 of my projects and produce a DVD keeping the original .mov format the quality will be better than using a project which has been converted to AVI.

Is this correct?

MM

• 13. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                  Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No. Remember that the program itself will need to convert whatever you put into it into a 720x480 DV-AVI before it can produce a DVD from your content.

That's the program's workflow, and there's no way around that.

• 14. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

MM

When you export your Timeline to DVD-VIDEO format on a DVD disc (sometimes referred in shorthand as DVD), it does not matter if you are using Premiere Elements or brand X, that format is standardized, including the frame size of 720 x 480 pixels (NTSC) and 720 x 576 pixels (PAL) for both DVD-VIDEO Standard and DVD-VIDEO Widescreen (which includes the 16:9 flag for stretching the video for display after encoding).

So no matter if you have 1280 x 720 pixels (16:9) or 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9 or 1920 x 1080 pixels 16:9, the DVD-VIDEO export of that Timeline has to conform to the standard, namely 720 x 480 (NTSC) or 720 x 576 (PAL).

If all you have is a "regular" DVD/CD burner and a "regular" DVD player, you do not seem to have much of an alternative.

HOWEVER, if you are adventurous, the proper circumstances fall into place, and you find the appropriate player, you might want to explore putting your AVCHD in Blu-ray format on a DVD disc. This was detailed here in the epic thread of gossamer5150 with major advances by H.Schaub.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/2200301

However, another however, I suspect that is beyond what you had in mind. Another thing to remember is that there are DVD players that feature playback of DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc with enhanced playback. Are any involved in your case?

Please let me know if you need clarification on anything that I have written.

Thanks.

ATR

• 15. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                      Ruglen Level 1

I  checked out the links you have provided.

Much to technical for me.

All I want to do is produce a DVD which will produce acceptable quality from the great .mov files produced by my camera.

Thanks

MM

• 16. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

MM

We have assumed that you are dealing with the classical consideration of 1920 x 1080 vs 720 x 480 or 720 x 576.

Just to make sure that we dot the i's and cross the t's, what specifically makes your DV AVIs and/or DVD-VIDEO on DVD disc unacceptable...

a. blurry

b. jerky motion

c. flicker

d. clarity

e. horizontal lines across

f.  audio problems, like out of sync

g. other

What are you using for the quality judgment of the DV AVI and/or DVD-VIDEO...computer player (Windows Media Player) and/or DVD player attached to your TV set? What kind and size TV is involved here?

Also please confirm....if you import your 1920 x 1080 with the correct project preset and export it to DVD-VIDEO Widescreen do you get the exact same results that you get when importing your 1920 x 1080 as 720 x 480 or 720 x 576 and exporting that Timeline to DVD-VIDEO widescreen? Depending on your definition of unacceptable end products, we might want to export the properties of your 1920 x 1080.mov and a Field angle.

I have gotten some excellent results using Premiere Elements to create DVD-VIDEO on DVD using HD media sources. So, I want to make sure that there are not other factors involved, besides frame size, that we might be ignoring.

ATR

• 17. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                          Ruglen Level 1

Thanks for your interest, I'm sure you will help me achieve the best results possible.

When the 5 original .prel movies were combined into one movie, the result when viewed on my new 32" 1080 TV /PC monitor was smooth the audio was in cinq but the picture was soft ,unsharp and slightly blurred . Certainly not as good as indiviual  .prel movies.

I have made the movies in both PAL and NTSC as I need both versions.

Also please confirm....if you import your 1920 x 1080 with the correct  project preset and export it to DVD-VIDEO Widescreen do you get the  exact same results that you get when importing your 1920 x 1080 as 720 x  480 or 720 x 576 and exporting that Timeline to DVD-VIDEO widescreen?  Depending on your definition of unacceptable end products, we might want  to export the properties of your 1920 x 1080.mov and a Field angle.

I can't answer this part . Will have to investigate how to check the import settings. I don't know what a Field angle is.

MM

• 18. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

MM

What is the brand, model, and settings of your camcorder for these original 1920 x 1080.mov recordings? Since it is 1920 x 1080, I am assuming that the recording has a video compression AVCHD MPEG4 AVC/H.264 and, since it has a mov file extension, the container or wrapper format would be .mov. Are you recording Dolby Digital 2 ch Stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1 channel? If your video is recording to the camcorder's hard drive or a memory card, there could be what are called "Fields issues", Upper Field First vs Lower Field First. I will not get into any more detail on that for now. In this regard, I am interested to learn if your camcorder sensor is capturing interlaced or progressive. I should be able to find that information from the specifications for your camcorder.

Right now, I would put aside the project of combining 5 videos and concentrate on finding the optimium export (if possible) for one of these 5. Once that is done, we can apply that information to the composite project.

Let us try this, providing you have the computer resourses to support 1920 x 1080 video, open a new Premiere Elements project and set the project preset to NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 (if 5.1 channel, then NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 5.1 Channel. Import your video and drag it to the Timeline (beforehand, have Edit Menu/Preferences/General with a check mark next to "Default Scale to Frame Size").

Right click the video on the Timeline, select Field Options from the pop up list, and select Reverse Field Dominance.

Move forward in your project, ending with the Share/Disc/DVD using the NTSC_Widescreen_Dolby DVD preset for burn to disc. See what that looks like when played back on your TV set.

We will be watching for your results and move forward from there.

ATR

• 19. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                              Ruglen Level 1

My camera is the Canon T2i full HD movies 1920 x 1080. I use it mostly for still photography, movies are a new venture for me.

I am anxious to carry out your instructions, but not tonight, it is midnight.

Will report ASAP.

Thanks

Mairi

• 20. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

MM

Thanks for the follow up. For now hold on the suggestions in my previous post. I have just found online a sample video (1920 x 1080) from the Canon T2i and will do some exploration and experimentation with that download to get a DVD-VIDEO version of that video, using Premiere Elements.

To be continued....

ATR

• 21. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

MM

Working with Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 and the downloaded sample 1920 x 1080 recorded with a Canon T2i, I ran into two major video display problems

a. window coverings (Venetian blinds) in the video that looked more like panels than slatted blinds....other background details were OK

and

b. one woman whose non solid colored dress (light gray/darker gray pattern) seemed to shimmer....women with solid colored dresses were unaffected.

There was a fair amount of motion in the movie segment...members of a wedding party dancing with children. Woman with the shimmering dress was doing in place dance motions in the course of the video.

So, in my case, I was forced to conclude that the issues were more than just differences between a 1920 x 1080 frame size and a 780 x 480 NTSC or 720 x 576 PAL frame size. I will go into the whys another time. There were several scenarios to success for me. I will give you the quickest one that worked for me.

Imported the 1920 x 1080.mov into Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 with the project preset (NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30). In the workspace, had Edit Menu/Preferences/General with a check mark next to "Default Scale to Frame Size". Imported the 1920 x 1080.mov (from its computer hard drive save location) into Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 with the program's Get Media/Files & Folders. Dragged the video to the Timeline. Right clicked the video on the Timeline, select Field Options and

a. select Reverse Field Dominance

and

b. Flicker Removal

Then moved on from there to Share/Disc/DVD and used the preset NTSC_Widescreen_DVD Dolby for the burn to disc. DVD-VIDEO looked good on TV via its DVD player.

I had an alternative path to the DVD-VIDEO from the 1920 x 1080.mov which involved converting the 1920 x 1080.mov to DV AVI widescreen using MPEG Streamclip free software prior to importing the video into Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1. I will give you the complete MPEG Streamclip settings, if needed, but here the key ingredients were removing any check marks next to "Interlaced Scaling" and " Deinterlace VIdeo" under the "Deselect for Progressive Movies" header AND leaving the Field Dominance = Lower Field First for the Apple DV/DVCPRO - NTSC compression used. Once that DV AVI Widescreen was placed on the Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 Timeline, applying Field Options (Reverse Field Dominance and Flicker Removal) were the next order of business. I found that applying the Anti-Flicker in the Properties Palette/Motion Panel did not contribute to a success.

All this worked for me to get an acceptable video from the type of camera that you have. But the bigger question is, although it worked for me, will it work for you with your specific video and computer environment? I am hoping so. There might be more successful scenarios but these are the ones that I came up with so far.

Looking forward to your results when you get a chance.

ATR

• 22. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                    Ruglen Level 1

I have good results from a test using two short movie files.

I used the settings you suggested in the first option. When I created a disc and replayed through a DVD player on my 32" HDTV/monitor it was very good. I then tried the DVD on my 53" non HD TV and I was extremely pleased with the picture.

Now I have to work on my 5 movie projects.They were all made prior to learning the settings you provided. Can I open these completed projects and apply your settings?

Mairi Maxwell

• 23. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                      Ruglen Level 1

Is there a way to apply the anti flicker to an entire project or is it necessary to right click each clip on the timeline?

MM

• 24. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

MM

That was great news.

For all practical purposes you cannot change the project preset (new project dialog) of a Premiere Elements project. So, if you have to do that for those other projects that you mentioned, then start a new project. But, if the project preset of those other projects is the same as the one that just worked for you, then open those prior projects and apply the settings to the Timeline that you used successfully for your test run.

Another detail, I am almost sure that you worked in those other projects with Edit Menu/Preferences/General and check mark next to "Default Scale to Frame Size". If that is the case, then forget that I mentioned this. If not, we need to talk.

I think you are going to have to apply the Remove Flicker option in the Field Options dialog one at a time for Timeline clips. I tried a few scenarios for more than one at a time that did not do the work.

We will continue to watch for your progress. You are doing a good job. Keep up the good work.

ATR

• 25. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                          Ruglen Level 1

I am still working on the project, making good progress. I have inserted scene markers, and they work OK when I do a preview.

I want now to place the menu at the beginning on the movie but I can't drag and drop it onto the timeline. What step am I missing?

MM

• 26. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

MM

That was great news. Keep up the good work.

As for the DVD Menus, you do not drag them to the head of the Timeline. You apply DVD menus to the "project" in the Disc Menus Section of the program, customize them there if you want (new background, new audio, different text, etc), and preview the menus there (make sure the navigation buttons work, etc), but it is the program that will automatically take care of placing the menus in relation to the Timeline content so that the Share/Disc/DVD DVD-VIDEO displays the menus at the beginning of the DVD-VIDEO on the DVD disc. So, that is an activity that you do not see until you view the finished product.

Are you OK with that explanation.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

• 27. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

As ATR suggests, the Menus (Main and Scene Selection) do not appear on the Timeline, but in a little area, Disc Menus, below the Menu Editing Panel, when you Apply, or drag to the Menu Editing Monitor (Create Menus tab). Now, Pinnacle Studio (older versions at least) did place the Menus in the Timeline.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 28. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                Ruglen Level 1

I have completed the movie PAL version, which I will be mailing to friends in the UK.

I am very pleased with the picture quality as viewed on my non HD 53" TV NTSC format.

It is of a 5 day event, the menu appears with the 5 scenes which all open as programmed.

Once one of the scenes has been selected and is being viewed, is it possible to return to the main menu and reselect another scene?

I have been unable to do this. Perhaps it depends on the DVD player and the operations available.

BTW the movie runs for 50 minutes.Next question what is the easiest way to make multiple copies. I usually use Nero to make DVDs but it has been tempramental lately. I have Windows 7 Pro perhaps I can make copies using Win 7.

Without your help I think I may have given up, I really appreciate the information you provided.

Mairi Maxwell

• 29. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

For the multiple DVD's, I like doing a Burn to Folder, and then use the great, free burning utility, ImgBurn, to burn the multiples from that VIDEO_TS folder.

Not sure that I follow part one, but will go back and reread that question.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 30. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                    nealeh Level 5

To get back to the menu after viewing one scene, place a 'Stop Marker' at the end of the scene - this will do what you want.

1.png

Do *NOT* place a stop marker at the very end of your timeline though - that automatically will return to the main menu. If you do place one at the end of the timeline it usually causes a failure during the Share encoding.

Cheers,
                                                                    --
                                                                    Neale

• 31. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

MM

I am so very pleased with your great work. Congratulations in staying with the project to its successful conclusion.

As for the following left over matters:

a. My preference for exact copy of the Premiere Elements DVD-VIDEO on the DVD disc would have been Nero's Exact Copy feature. I do not know if the Windows 7 DVD Maker has a utility for that and, if it does, how well it works. In the absence of Nero, I might look at making multiple copies from Premiere Elements in the burn to disc process of the Timeline, by setting Copies in the Burn Dialog for the number of copies that you want. The program will prompt you when it is time to insert the next DVD disc. Hunt's preference for making exact copies of this DVD-VIDEO involves a burn to folder of the Timeline rather than a burn to disc. In the burn to folder route you get a folder saved to a designated hard drive location. That folder contains 2 folders: OpenDVD and VIDEO_TS. It is the VIDEO_TS that you use with the free IMGBurn software to get your DVD-VIDEO on a DVD disc. If you had Nero working, you could use Nero to produce the DVD-VIDEO from the VIDEO_TS, using Nero Burn Video Files category. That IMGBurn is a strange little program but it is effective. Here is a how to link on what to do with the VIDEO_TS in IMGBurn.

http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/burn_dvd_folder_imgburn.cfm

More on this VIDEO_TS Folder if requested.

b. As to the matter of your viewing preferences....yes, you can place stop markers on the Timeline content where you want the video to stop playing and return to the Main Menu AFTER your viewer has selected Scene Selection from the Main Menu and clicked on one of the scene thumbnails. You do not want to place a stop marker at the very beginning of the Timeline or at its end. But remember when you make that decision, you loss the Play All function from the Main Menu. So, with those stop markers in place and if you hit Play All in the Main Menu, you will get play back of only the first scene, followed by a return to Main Menu. Also pay close attention to the placement of the scene markers with regard to the stop markers. If you have a scene marker at a given spot on the Time and go to place a stop marker there as well, the stop marker (red) will mask/hide (not replace) the scene marker (green) that already was at that spot.

ATR

• 32. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                        nealeh Level 5

Windows DVD Maker won't do the job (I've just had a look).

• You can drag a VIDEO_TS folder into it, but it only adds the VOB files, losing all menus and navigation data.
                                                                        • It can only burn to disk.
                                                                        • It is limited to a maximum of 150 minutes(Single layer disk only).
                                                                        • You do however have some control over burn speed (Fastest, Medium, Slow)

Cheers,
                                                                        --
                                                                        Neale

• 33. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                          Ruglen Level 1

I decided to remove the stop markers and was able to complete my project.

I produced extra copies by selecting the number of copies when burning the original in Premiere.

The picture and sound quality is very satisfactory. I have mailed them to my friends in the UK. I await their response. Will keep you posted.

I am using the completed movie for my next project. By deleting a number of the clips and saving with a new name I can quickly use the movie for another purpose. I need also to delete the menu as I do not require a menu on this new project. I do not know how to remove the menu.

Can you please tell me how?

Thanks

Mairi

• 34. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                            nealeh Level 5

Stop Markers

Provided you didn't have one at the very end of the timeline (see my note at Reply 30), stop markers should work perfectly. What problem did they create for you?

Remove Menu

At the bottom right of the Disc layout screen there are two buttons: AutoPlay and Preview. Click AutoPlay and your menus will disappear.

Cheers,
                                                                            --
                                                                            Neale

• 35. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Mairi

Thanks for the follow up with the good news.

You may want to consider use of the File Menu/Project Archiver/Archiver or Copy option to save your projects. The feature prevents nasty reconnect problems if your move the source media for a project after you have saved/closed that project. See the Help PDF. We can discuss that further in depth if you would like to.

As Neale pointed out, hitting AutoPlay in the Disc Menus Section of the program removes the DVD Template that you had applied.

As I mentioned in a prior post here, use of stop markers in your case would have created the loss of the role of the Play All in the DVD main menu.

Congratulations on your hard work and great job.

ATR

• 36. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                                Ruglen Level 1

Removing the Menu. SO SIMPLE.

I'm sure I will need further help, so glad I found this great forum.

Thanks one and all.

Mairi

• 37. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                                  Ruglen Level 1

I am working on a very short movie. approx. 4 minutes. When I hit enter to Render the files, it does not render it jumps to 12 minutes on the time line. I cant locate the little guide to drag back to the 4 minute time.

What am I missing???

Mairi

• 38. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Mairi

See if this helps. If not, we will take it from there.

There is an auxiliary keyboard to the right of the main keyboard. If you want to take your Timeline Indicator to the start of the Timeline, press the Home Key there. If you want to take your Timeline Indicator to the end of the Timeline content, the press the End Key there.

If you want to get your Timeline Indicator to a specific spot (that you can see) on the Timeline, click just above the Timeline (grayish area) at that location and the Timeline Indicator will jump to that location.

See if that helps you get your perspective on the Timeline. I could go into WorkArea Bar tabs and if they are spanning the Timeline content that you want to render and whether or not what you were trying to render had a red, green, or no line over it. We will save that for next if necessary.

ATR

• 39. Re: Creating a DVD with multiple .prel projects
                                                                                      nealeh Level 5

Press the [\] key. This shrinks the timeline display so that the whole project becomes visible. If the clip appears to be more than four minutes you can use the [PgUp] [PgDown] keys to move through the clips and find the one where it shouldn't be.

Cheers,
                                                                                      --
                                                                                      Neale

1 2 Previous Next