2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2010 12:37 PM by StevenLeuck

Need help with an "IfThenIfNot" Statement

StevenLeuck

Every couple years I need some help with a scripting statement and these forums have been incredibly helpful. I was hoping once again someone out there had some familiarity with something I'm trying to write for a form I need to automate:

In Excel Lingo what I'm trying to write would be stated as @if(("Subtotal"+"InvestigativeFee"+"PlanReviewFee")>1000,+100,+(("Subtotal"+"Investigativ eFee"+"PlanReviewFee")*.1))

What I have here is three form fields named Subtotal, InvestigativeFee & PlanReviewFee.  The form in question says that the there is a "technology assessment fee" of 10% on the subtotal of the above mentioned 3 fields but that there is a maximum charge of $100 for this fee.  In Excel the statement I wrote above would have worked (not tested but generally that's the idea).  I was hoping someone conversant in JavaScript could help me with a statement I would need to make this work.

Hope to hear someone,

Gratefully yours,

Steven L in Eugene OR

• 1. Re: Need help with an "IfThenIfNot" Statement
          George_Johnson MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Try the following as the assessment fee field's custom Calculate script:

// Custom Calculate script

(function () {

// Set maximum fee

var max_taf = 100;

// Get the field values as numbers

var v1 = +getField("Subtotal").value;
              var v2 = +getField("InvestigativeFee").value;
              var v3 = +getField("PlanReviewFee").value;

// Calculate fee

var taf = (v1 + v2 + v3)/10;

// Set this field value to calculated fee if less than maximum, otherwise set to maximum

event.value = (taf < 100) ? taf : max_taf;

})();

• 2. Re: Need help with an "IfThenIfNot" Statement
            StevenLeuck Level 1

didn't get a chance until now to try/test your post. Thank you VERY much!  It worked PERFECTLY.  Was exactly what I needed.  Thank you.

Steven Leuck

Oregon