9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 5:58 PM by A.T. Romano

Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear

RussellSipe2

I have been using Premiere Elements for years in various versions (current project in V8, just downloaded V9 trial. Tonight I went to use the Audio Mixer function and found that when I click on Audio Mixer in the dropdown menu it does not appear. I then downloaded the V9 trial and have the same issue.

Its hard to believe that I have not tried to do audio mixer functions in V8. But the last time I used the audio mixer in Premiere Elements it was accessed with a small button and worked find. Perhaps that was version 7. I have no memory of when I upgraded from 7 to 8.

Help! Why will the audio mixer window not appear?

• 1. Re: Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Russell

What happens if you try to get at the Mixer Options dialog by going to the Window Menu of Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 or 9 (top of interface) and clicking on Audio Mixer there?

Also, what do your computer resources look like when Premiere Elements is running...available RAM and free hard drive space?

ATR

• 2. Re: Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear
            RussellSipe2 Level 1

I tried to access the Mixer from both the drop down menu below the right side panel and top of the interface on 8.0. Then I loaded 9.0. Same test same result first time around.

Then I read your note and tried both places again and the top of the interface worked in 9.0!  Now both locations work in both versions. Weird.

Thanks very much for the response.

• 3. Re: Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Russell

That was great news. Thanks for the follow up.

I do not have an explanation for what you described. But the results indicate

a. Never give up

b. And that old advice...first at first you do not succeed, try again.

If I get anymore information that relates to this type of happening, I will post it in your thread.

Keep up the good work.

ATR

• 4. Re: Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It is quite likely that the floating Audio Mixer window was BEHIND the rest of the program's interface.

Opening it from the Window menu brought it to the frontl

• 5. Re: Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

I think that an unlikely scenario, but....

I have a guess why the Audio Mixer dialog disappeared, but I cannot explain how Russell got it to reappear. I would like to think that my suggestion for Russell to try the Window Menu/Audio Mixer route was the complete answer, but....

The following Premiere Elements challenge has happened to me more than once. I now have an answer for what happens, but not for why.

From time to time I cannot open a program, say Microsoft Word, even Premiere Elements, Photoshop Elements, or the Elements Organizer. Keep in mind I have not made any changes in the system before these problems occur. Initially I went through a lot of troubleshooting, including opening these programs in another user account with administrative priviledges (like the original was) or uninstalling/reinstalling the program. Both of those did solve the problem. Finally, I hit on what was happening. I have a dual monitor system, typically with the other monitor connected, but turned off. Come to find out, when these glitches occurred, my programs were opening in the non primary monitor, not the primary monitor. Still do not know why it does that from time to time.

It would be interesting to know if Russell is working with one or more monitors.

ATR

• 6. Re: Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear
                    RussellSipe2 Level 1

To Steve: Nope. I cleared the windows looking for just such a situation.

To ATR: You hit the nail on the head. I use a dual monitor system (I can never go back to a single monitor. You know what they say, how you going to keep them down on the farm once they've seen dual monitors?).

However, even with both monitors on the Mixer window did not appear. So you only hit a glancing blow on the nail. grin.

• 7. Re: Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Russell

Thanks for the follow up.

Glad you are moving forward, but it is those whys that give those Mylanta Moments.

Keep up the good work.

ATR

• 8. Re: Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear
                        jkliden

I am using Primiere Elements 10.  I am having the same issues and also use dual monitors (at work).  I am unable to resolve issue via attempting to open Mixer window via alternate access options.  Any thoughts on how to resolve would be greatly appreciated!  Thx.

• 9. Re: Audio Mixer Window Does Not Appear
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

jkliden

I have not had these types of problems in a few years, but, then again, I have not been using a dual monitor system in a few years.

Just to dot the i's and cross the t's, is it feasiable for you to disconnect one of the monitors and then see if the Audio Mixer issue disappears? For now I am suggesting this ONLY as a troubleshooting tool. We can decide what next based on your results.

Have you ever been able to run Premiere Elements 10 with dual monitor system and have no problems with the Audio Mixer? Have you ever been able to work with any other version of Premiere Elements and those two monitors and not have this Audio Mixer issue?

Thanks.

ATR