1 2 Previous Next 42 Replies Latest reply on May 8, 2014 1:00 PM by kpr_naed Branched from an earlier discussion.

Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

davidr@cavtel.net Level 1

Same problem here in PE 9!  No solution so far.

• 1. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

davidr

Could you go into a description of what you mean by "Rendering Video Previews Increases Number of Videos"?

Are you saying that each time you render a Timeline content that the number of automatically generated preview files (.avi if SD and .mpg if HD) increases in the Adobe Premiere Elements Previews Folder in the Adobe Folder (default location My Documents) or something else? Or are you referring to the pile up of conformed audio files (cfa and pek) in the Media Cache Folder in the Adobe Folder?

ATR

• 2. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

Maybe?  The "rendering" window that opens up while the rendering process is taking place shows the estimated time and how many files are to be rendered.  What I noticed was that initially the total number of frames was given and how many frames had to be rendered.  Initally, the estimated time was only 20 minutes or so.  The screen capture below shows that after about two minutes it was already 12% complete.  I walked away from the computer and when I cam back expecting it to be complete it was not.  It was only after several hours that I noticed the “EstimatedTimeLeft” no longer had a value and the number of rendered frames kept going up slightly slower than the actually total frames rendered.  In the end after 8 hours or so the process was completed up to 99% but it never finshed and the frames to be rendered kept going up in value.  Every know and thent he “EstimatedTimeLeft” would flash “35,646:05:002” hours remaining.

I am currently rendering it again and so far it is staying steady at 4455 total frames to be rendered with an “Estimated TimeLeft” of 25 minutes.

I will see if it works.

Thanks for any info.

David

• 3. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

Look at estimated time.

David Markiewicz

(Novice Coach)

Work: 891-3635

Home: 824-7806

• 4. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What type of video are you using for source video? What kind of camcorder did this video come from?

If you are using photos, did you ensure that the photos are no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size?

• 5. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

David

Those rendering times will depend on several factors. Steve Grisetti has eluded to at least two. The lists includes and is not confined to...remember this is a frame by frame rendered....

(a) the source, format, and duration of the Timeline content being rendered

(b) what the specific effect(s) applied to this source media

(c) your computer resources

What do your computer resources look like...available RAM and free hard drive space? Remember Premiere Elements is still a 32 bit application.

The way your issue presented it had the ring of a little bit of all of the above.

Looking forward to your follow up.

ATR

By the way, you cannot do this yourself after people have posted after you, but maybe ask Steve Grisetti the moderator of this forum to remove your telephone numbers and replace your email address with a typical ID. Otherwise, you may be invaded by spammers.

• 6. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

Steve and all thanks for your time and effort,

I was using a Canon Vixia HF S200 with the following settings:

1.) MXP - 24 Mbps

2.) Frame Rate - PF30

3.) I did not use any photos.

I tried to render again today.  It started well and processed the first 75% in twenty minutes or less...however as it gets closer to %100 it slows down and the number of frames to be rendered keeps increasing???

I canceled the rendering after 2 hours at around 90% and slowing down while adding more frames.  I went away for a few hours and Premiere was still not releasing memory.  As I type this it still has 2.48 Gb of memory tied up and does not appear to be releasing it.

Windows Task Manager says the program is not responding and then it says running.  When it is not respondiong the premiere window is "white" with no timeline, etc...just a frame around the window.  When task manager says it is running, I can see everything like normal but cannot select anything. 

Here are the project settings:

Capture is HDV.

Thanks,

David

• 7. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

ATR,

I was using a Canon Vixia HF S200 with the following settings:

1.) MXP - 24 Mbps

2.) Frame Rate - PF30

3.) I did not use any photos.

-    I have a 1 TB hard drive for programs and video.

-    I have an 80Gb operating system drive (Vista 64)

-    4 GB memory

Model

Brand

OCZ

Series

Platinum

Model

OCZ2P10664GK

Type

240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM

Tech Spec

Capacity

4GB (2 x 2GB)

Speed

DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500)

Cas Latency

Timing

5-5-5-18

Voltage

2.1V - 2.2V

Buffered/Registered

Unbuffered

Multi-channel Kit

Dual Channel Kit

Heat Spreader

Yes

Features

Platinum-Mirrored XTC Heatspreader

Recommend Use

High Performance or Gaming Memory

-    HIS Radeon HD 5700 graphics card

I tried to render again today.  It started well and processed the first 75% in twenty minutes or less...however as it gets closer to %100 it slows down and the number of frames to be rendered keeps increasing???

I canceled the rendering after 2 hours at around 90% and slowing down while adding more frames.  I went away for a few hours and Premiere was still not releasing memory.  As I type this it still has 2.48 Gb of memory tied up and does not appear to be releasing it.

Windows Task Manager says the program is not responding and then it says running.  When it is not respondiong the premiere window is "white" with no timeline, etc...just a frame around the window.  When task manager says it is running, I can see everything like normal but cannot select anything. 

Here are the project settings:

Capture is HDV.

cid:image001.png@01CB6D72.70A2FC20

cid:image002.png@01CB6D72.70A2FC20

Thanks,

David

• 8. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

David

I have done some homework on the details that you presented and do need some clarification, especially in areas which seem to conflict on what I have read.

1. Your Canon Vixia HF S200 with settings = the MXP 24 Mbps PF30

a. At the MXP setting you have AVCHD Full 1920 x 1080 16:9 (not HDV) with the video codec/compression represented as MPEG4 AVC/H.264. The bitrate is at the high quality of 24 megabits per second. The audio is Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound.

b. That PF30 choice designates the frame rate/type. The Canon has an interlaced sensor that captures 60 fields per second (60i). However, with the PF30 setting, you end up with 30 progressive fields per second. That PF30 is Canon’s version of a true 30p which would involve capture by a progressive sensor and output as progressive frames,  not having to go through the camcorder’s internal conversion from interlaced frames to progressive frames. Essentially another person’s 30p is what Canon calls its PF30.

With all that said, here are my problems:

Your camcorder is recording to a memory card. So I do not see how Capture HDV entered into this matter.

How much of this AVCHD do you have on the Timeline (minutes/hours/) and are trying to render? Excessive resource demands can create all sort of odd behavior for the computer and Premiere Elements. Remember, Premiere Elements is only a 32 bit application, and AVCHD is a very resource demanding format that may have be converted into a lesser resource demanding format to get anywhere with it editing-wise….maybe AVCHD Full 1920 x 1080 converted to MPEG2 HD 1920 x 1080 with a free program such as Koyote Soft HD version 1.7. AVCHD is now a native format in Premiere Elements 9 which means no rendering of the Timeline for the unedited AVCHD. What are you trying to render...edited AVCHD?

BUT, I have a hunch, otherwise known as speculation on what may be going on here. I am not certain because I have never rendered Canon Vixia HF S200 AVCHD video on a Premiere Elements Timeline. When you do that, I am wondering if Premiere Elements’s rendering (which is an every frame deal) is getting confused by this interlaced converted into progressive frame situation. One way to check this out might be to record some MXP 24 Mbps video but with the 60i setting (the 60i represents 60 fields per second (or 30 interlaced frames per second). When you render the Timeline content, you see two numbers in the Render dialog. The first is constantly changing and showing the number of frames being rendered, and the second is staying the same and showing the total number of frames involved in the content being rendered. Does the total number now stay the same with the use of 60i instead of PF30 Canon setting?

I am not suggesting the latter as a permanent workaround, but as a troubleshooting tool for now.

Another important aspect of all this is what are you using for the Premiere Elements 9 project preset (new project dialog) for your AVCHD Full HD 1080p30 with 5.1 channel sound?

There are a few avenues that I would like you to look at:

a. NTSC AVCHD HD1080i30 5.1 channel

b. NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30

c. NTSC Hard Disk Flash Memory Camcorder Full HD 1080i30

As I indicated before I was uncertain what you meant by Capture HDV. I would think that you would be transferring your recording from the memory card to the computer and then importing it into Premiere Elements with Get Media/Files and Folders.

Just some thoughts for you to review. If you need clarification on anything that I have written do not hesitate to ask.

If Steve Grisetti could arrange for you to attach a very small sample file of your video to your next post, I would be willing to look at that file for you with my Premiere Elements 9 and other versions of Premiere Elements.

ATR

• 9. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

ATR,

Thanks again. The capture HDV setting is just what it currently says in the program.  I did copy the files from the flashcard.  It is in dolby stereo...not 5.1.  I tried to set the project up at a setting that matched the settings in the camcorder but Premiere flagged me that it should be something else...so I let Premiere change my project settings to what it currently is. It is only 3 minutes of trimmed video with the "extreme sports" instant movie.  As for your hunch I will try that Monday.  Also worth noting I noticed after my attempt at rendering today my windows indexing service was running.  I went to the organizer and many of clips are no longer listed and my tags are missing???  The folders are still in their original location but the organizer lost them...I will follow up Monday. 

Thanks,

David

• 10. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

David

I will be watching for your follow up. In view of what I have read, I am still not clear on "Capture HDV", but let us see how you do with your planned exploration of the frames involved (captured by the camcorder sensor vs output). I did not realize that you had an option for Dolby Digital 5.1 channel or 2nd (Stereo). So, in the case of the AVCHD project preset, use the NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 (without the 5.1 channel tacked on).

After you get your video to the Timeline, go to the Project Media, right click the video's file there, select Properties, and see what Premiere Elements shows as properties for that video file, especially frame rate.

ATR

Add On Note:

In a prior post, I suggested 3 different Premiere Elements 9 project presets (new project dialog) for you to look at with regard to the actual properties of your source media. Whatever project preset you selected, if the program tells you that it has a "better" one for you and if you say YES to that change, please report

a. what you had set the project preset at in the new project dialog

and

b. what project preset the program set under its new "Mismatch Preset" feature (you can check out which one the program selected by going to Edit Menu/Project Settings after the change.

• 11. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

ATR,

I started new project placing the files in again but not trimmed and now I get this message during instant movie creation.

Disk request.PNG

NOTE:  I used the "extreme sports theme" to create this and the original movie I had trouble with.  It added a lot of effects, music etc.  I did not have enough footage after trimming time wise on the original movie and it asked if I wanted to proceed.  It said it would re-use clips if the footage was not long enough.  I noticed that towards the end of the timeline the footage is missing...music exists but no footage.  When previewing the un-rendered movie the screen goes black.  I think this where the rendering goes bad.  It renders about 80% of the footage quickly and then slows way down.

• 12. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

ATR, please be patient with me…new camcorder and video editing program.  I have been out of it for a few years.  I greatly appreciate your help. I have take a few of your qoutes and pasted responses.  I also have responded in the body as well in bold red and included a screen capture. I thought it would be easier to read…maybe not.   (I have ran defrag and registry cleaner, uninstalled elements, rebooted and reinstalled elements (photo and premiere) with no changes to the issues).

1.  "Your camcorder is recording to a memory card. So I do not see how Capture HDV entered into this matter." I think I replied to this…I copied footage from the flashcard (so I believe Capture HDV is meaningless in this case) of the camcorder and pasted it in a folder.  Since doing this I get a message in any project when adding a theme:

Disk request.PNG

I believe that adobe premiere or the organizer is searching for the original flashcard location…but the card is no longer there.  This happens when I apply a theme.  To clarify: I created two projects…the original one I started the post with.  If my memory is correct, after failing to apply the extreme sports theme and the extreme sports instant movie to the original project because I was getting the “no disk drive error” I was able to apply the extreme sports instant movie but could not render it successfully.  I created a second new project with the same footage, longer in length because I did not trim the footage.  I could not apply the instant movie or the theme because I got the no disk message.

Is it possible that the onetime premiere managed to apply the instant movie it got lucky but then was confused during render processing?

1.  “AVCHD is now a native format in Premiere Elements 9 which means no rendering of the Timeline for the unedited AVCHD. What are you trying to render...edited AVCHD?” I was rendering after trimming clips and adding the instant movie theme “extreme sports” (caused stuttering, etc.)…the effects have to be rendered correct?

Message was edited by: davidr@cavtel.net

• 13. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

ATR, I did not realize my responses would be messed up in the posts by responding via email in html.  The message below is a copy of yours with responses to your questions in bold.  This is a continuation of the previous post.

David

I have done some homework on the details that you presented and do need some clarification, especially in areas which seem to conflict on what I have read.

1. Your Canon Vixia HF S200 with settings = the MXP 24 Mbps PF30 YES

a. At the MXP setting you have AVCHD Full 1920 x 1080 16:9 (not HDV)YES with the video codec/compression represented as MPEG4 AVC/H.264 I believe so. The bitrate is at the high quality of 24 megabits per second. YES The audio is Dolby Digital 5.1 channel sound.No, Dolby 2 channel stereo.

b. That PF30 choice designates the frame rate/type. The Canon has an interlaced sensor that captures 60 fields per second (60i). However, with the PF30 setting, you end up with 30 progressive fields per second. That PF30 is Canon’s version of a true 30p which would involve capture by a progressive sensor and output as progressive frames,  not having to go through the camcorder’s internal conversion from interlaced frames to progressive frames. Essentially another person’s 30p is what Canon calls its PF30. Sounds correct.

With all that said, here are my problems:

Your camcorder is recording to a memory card. So I do not see how Capture HDV entered into this matter.I believe it does not matter..just relaying the program settings (premiere).

How much of this AVCHD do you have on the Timeline (minutes/hours/) and are trying to render? Excessive resource demands can create all sort of odd behavior for the computer and Premiere Elements. Remember, Premiere Elements is only a 32 bit application, and AVCHD is a very resource demanding format (could use more ram but I think I am o.k. for short AVCHD movies…15 minutes or less maybe) that may have be converted into a lesser resource demanding format to get anywhere with it editing-wise….maybe AVCHD Full 1920 x 1080 converted to MPEG2 HD 1920 x 1080 with a free program such as Koyote Soft HD version 1.7. AVCHD is now a native format in Premiere Elements 9 which means no rendering of the Timeline for the unedited AVCHD. What are you trying to render...edited AVCHD? Only a few minutes and rendering instant movie applied effects, etc.

BUT, I have a hunch, otherwise known as speculation on what may be going on here. I am not certain because I have never rendered Canon Vixia HF S200 AVCHD video on a Premiere Elements Timeline. When you do that, I am wondering if Premiere Elements’s rendering (which is an every frame deal) is getting confused by this interlaced converted into progressive frame situation. One way to check this out might be to record some MXP 24 Mbps video but with the 60i setting (the 60i represents 60 fields per second (or 30 interlaced frames per second). I have taken footage at the MXP 24 Mbps video but with the 60i setting and will upload tomorrow and see what happens when I apply a theme to a project with that clip, an instant movie to a project with that clip and then render. When you render the Timeline content, you see two numbers in the Render dialog. The first is constantly changing and showing the number of frames being rendered, and the second is staying the same (it should stay the same but it did not…it kept getting larger) and showing the total number of frames involved in the content being rendered. Does the total number now stay the same with the use of 60i instead of PF30 Canon setting?

I am not suggesting the latter as a permanent workaround, but as a troubleshooting tool for now.

Another important aspect of all this is what are you using for the Premiere Elements 9 project preset (new project dialog) for your AVCHD Full HD 1080p30 with 5.1 channel sound?

Project settings: NTSC AVCHD HD1080i30

There are a few avenues that I would like you to look at:

a. NTSC AVCHD HD1080i30 5.1 channel I am using these settings minus the 5.1 because I have stereo.

b. NTSC DSLR 1080p DSLR 1080p30 If the 60i experiment does not work I will try this.

c. NTSC Hard Disk Flash Memory Camcorder Full HD 1080i30 If the 60i experiment does not work I will try this.

As I indicated before I was uncertain what you meant by Capture HDV. I would think that you would be transferring your recording from the memory card to the computer and then importing it into Premiere Elements with Get Media/Files and Folders.

Just some thoughts for you to review. If you need clarification on anything that I have written do not hesitate to ask.

If Steve Grisetti could arrange for you to attach a very small sample file of your video to your next post, I would be willing to look at that file for you with my Premiere Elements 9 and other versions of Premiere Elements.

ATR

Message was edited by: davidr@cavtel.net

• 14. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

Sorry, Tony. I don't have any control of what files can be attached.

But if the poster would put his video up on a site like YouTube, Vimeo or Muvipix.com, he could certainly post a link to it here.

• 15. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                      Sol_383

Well,

lots of user having this problem now!!!

My advice to all, since I kind of was the first one with this problem and started this discussion.

I deinstalled all adobe stuff, ran the cleanscript 2 or 3 times. Installed everything again...and voila.....no problems anymore.

Good Luck

• 16. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

Great to hear that there is a solution, Sol! Thanks for reporting back.

• 17. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                          nealeh Level 5

Sol_383 wrote:

I deinstalled all adobe stuff, ran the cleanscript 2 or 3 times.

What is 'the cleanscript'?

Cheers,
                                          --
                                          Neale
                                          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 18. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Sol

Just need some fine tuning of your details.

Did you have the Premiere Elements 9 trial version installed, and is that when you encountered this specific problem of "video previews increases number of videos"? Where were your Timeline videos coming from? Were they coming from this Canon camcorder?

Did you then uninstall the Premiere Elements 9 trial version, run a cleanscript product, and then install the purchased Premiere Elements 9 from an Adobe installation disc?

I have seen the cleanscript more often mentioned for Adobe CS4 and CS4 to clear away files and folders and such left behind from tryouts prior to installing the purchased version of the product. I think that I may have found one place where a Premiere Elements cleanscript was mentioned for this same purpose. If so, what link did you use to obtain the cleanscript that you used for this Premiere Elements 9 occasion? And, was the cleanscript that you used version specific?

Thanks.

ATR

• 19. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                              nealeh Level 5

I've found this discussion entry: Re: What is the best way to install new version... adobe always leaves stuff behind from the old version.

Doesn't sound as though it does much.

Cheers,
                                              --
                                              Neale
                                              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 20. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

ATR,

What do you mean by cleanscript?  I uninstalled all Adobe products, restarted vista 64, cleaned my registry, optomized drives and then reinstalled Adobe reader, Photoshop Elements, Premeire Elements then the "add on content".

However, during uninstall I checked the box that eluded to leaving some content intacked...I do not remember what it said.  I assumed if I did a complete uninstall I would loose all my tags, etc in the organizer.  I spent days tagging items.  It did not work.  I still got the "no disk error".

I then went to the organizer and changed to folder view and saw two batch items that said the where from "removable media".  I deleted them from the catalog as I type I am rendering a short 4 minute movie (AVCHD).  It is telling me it will take an hour...we will see if it works.

The strange thing now is that I put my second SD card into my computer to copy the pictures onto my desktop and it is not finding the flashcard.  After I have a render I will restart the computer, try to copy the pictures off of the SD card and then go back into premiere and see if I can render a new short project.

It seems as though the organizer and my card reader do not play nice together.

Thanks,

Dave

• 21. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Neale

Thanks for your comments on that cleanscript use.

All my purchases of Premiere Elements have come after using the free 30 day tryout of that version. I have been there for many a version change. And, never once did I run into any issues were "left overs" from the trial version existed and caused problems for the purchased installed version.

Who know? Maybe Premiere Elements 9 trial version and its purchased copy will be the exception. I will find out soon enough. My trial version is due to expire in about 1 day, and the purchased copy will not arrive until next week. But, when it does, I will be on the look out for any and all issues and report back if any cleanscript or its like as now necessary.

I hope Sol will give us more details so that we can replicate the problem/fix if necessary.

ATR

• 22. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

David,

As I mentioned to Neale just now, I have never had to use "cleanscript" products or its like to clear out left overs from a trial version before I installed the purchased version (any version of Premiere Elements, and I have Premiere Elements 2, 4, 7, 8.0/8.0.1.

So, we are hoping for more follow up from Sol who posted his problem/fix in this thread earlier.

Have you gone into the Elements Organizer (Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements side) and looked at Edit Menu/Preferences/Camera and Card Reader and explored the Download Options there?

We will be watching for your progress.

ATR

• 23. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                      Sol_383 Level 1

Well,

I'll try to get answers for all questions I've read.

My System:

PC with Vista 64bit and 8GB Ram and Premiere Pro CS5

I shoot with the Panasonic HDC HS700 with an Internal 240GB HDD.

After experiencing the increasing frame number problem and no help around. I deinstalled all Adobe Stuff, just deinstall and don't delete folders manually.

If you Google for "Adobe Cleanscript"......the first entry should be a link to Adobe. There should be 2 versions, one for CS5 and one for older versions.

I ran the cleanscript 2 or three times......after each one I restarted my computer.

Then I installed everything again....and voila.

BeforeI found out about the cleanscript I did a regular deinstallation....and the same problem came up.

I just guess it's a Vista 64bit problem.

Now I run Win7 64bit and haven't had this problem once.......and it's faster.....and I got myself 16GB RAM.

cheers

• 24. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Sol

Thanks for the follow up with the details.

From what you wrote, I believe that you felt that the issue was operating system related. So, the following questions may not seem relevant to you. But, I am just curious and am following alternative explanation for what you observed.

If you have the time, I would like to zero in on the Panasonic HDC HS700, the source of your Premiere Elements 9 project media. The Panasonic offers 1080 60p. Are you shooting at that setting for 1920 x 1080 @ 60 progressive frames per second? If so, do you know if the camcorder's 3 EMOS (MOS) sensors are capturing interlaced and then converting the interlaced to progressive or if the sensors are capturing progressive? Also, if you look at the properties (Project Media View/Properties) of your video in Premiere Elements, what does Properties show for frames per second?

Also, because of the proprietary AVCHD that Panasonic offers in this camcorder, did you convert the .mts to .mov with 3rd party software before you imported it into Premiere Elements 9?

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...Sol, I thought that I would let you know where I am heading on this one. I suspect that the Panasonic has an interlace signal that it converts to progressive after the sensor capture, probably using progressive method which involves line doubling. I further suspect that it is this line doubling that is creating the confusion in Premiere Elements that is resulting in what you see, and I do not think that this issue is confined just to Premiere Elements 9. Right now, just speculation until I rule in or out certain factors.

• 25. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

ATR,

A few things worth noting:

- As mentioned in my previous posts I deleted all Premiere Projects, uninstalled all adobe products, restarted my computer, cleaned my registry via Norton 360 and restarted again.  I then reinstalled Photoshop Elements, Premiere Elements and the additional content.  I did not remove the user data...during uninstallation.

- This did not fix my "no disk error".  I went to the Organizer and went to Display, Folders View then Import Batch View.  I found two different references to "removable media".  I deleted them form the catalog.  It fixed my no disk error!

- I created a new project and as previously mentioned I did not get a no disk error when applying the "Extreme Sports Instant Movie".  I then rendered the project (about 4 minutes long, .mts files in AVCHD, HD1080i,1920x1080, Timebase 29.97 fps, Display format 30fps drop-frame timecode).  It said initially it would take an hour plus.  In the end it took about a half hour and did not add any additional "total frames".  However, I edited the title and added a fade effect and then the preview got copy so I attempted to re-render.  It did not work.  This time during the render process, additional frames started being added to the total frames.  I then exited the project and reloaded it.  I did a "delete rendered files for all projects" as I only had one at this point. I then attempted a render and got the same results with the total number so frames increasing during the render process.

Things to think about...should I use the cleanscript utilty?  Should I upgrade to windows 7?  I am going to add more ram.  I have issues with that though as follows:  Apparently, the ADM Phenom CPU cannot recognize more than 2 sticks of 2 Gb 1066 DDR2 ram (one in each channel).  If I want to add more I would have to disgard my $140 ram and buy 4 sticks of new 800 mhz DDr2 Ram which the Phenom does recognize/run correctly.  Other options might be to upgrade to a Phenom II CPU, which may support 2 more sticks of 1066 ram in my current mobo.  Not sure I trust it would work though.  Is the issue really the Phenom CPU or is it the MOBO I have or both?  Should I upgrade the MOBO, RAM and CPU?  Starts to get expensive.

Long and short I have a lot to think about.  This is my second insane attempt to get a camcorder and a PC that allows me to edit video efficiently and problem free.  It appears I am around $4,500 in the hole between the two attempts (first attempt windows XP, Sony 8mm Handycam with Pinnacle Studio with break out box) and no better off!

I am going to go cry now...that was a down payment for a boat or college money for my kids!

• 27. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                            Sol_383 Level 1

I always shoot in 50p.

I do not have premiere elements.....I have premiere Pro.

premiere elements is another forum.

• 28. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

You're on the Premiere Elements forum, Sol.

Did you mean to post to Premiere Pro?

• 29. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                                Sol_383 Level 1

thx Steve,

I originally posted my problem in the premiere pro forum.......and ended up in the elements forum*lol*

sorry

• 30. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Sol,

I thought that I was experiencing deja vu, "all over again," since I divide my time between several Premiere sub-fora.

It's easy to get to another of the Premiere sub-fora, and I often have to look back at the main page, to see just which one I am in - but I am easily confused.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 31. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                                    Sol_383 Level 1

Update from me.....this post creator

Well after not experiencing this problem for a long time......well guess what.....the frame creating monster bug is back'!!!

Luckily I know what I've done.....so this may help you.

I created projects always by dragging my first clip on to the create item button......a sequence according to my footage setting was created!

Well I work with 50p footage 1920x1080,,,,editing works fine, only rendering kicks the sht! out of my cpu....well it takes a bit, especially when I add magic bullet looks......I hate h264 crunching down my cpu. Back to earth......okay....my problem now is when I upload a 50p clip onto youtube or vimeo.....my footage is jittery, especially camera pans. Youtube and vimeo....I found out only encode footage in 25p and/or 30p. This means you're screwed if you have 50p...it kicks out every second frame....that's where the jitter party comes from!!!

THANK YOU you webplayer gurus.

Well exporting in 25p out of my 50p sequence doesn't make it better. So I changed settings for my sequence to 25p......COPIED my edited 1:05 minute clip from my 50p sequence and pasted it into the 25p sequence.

In hope you could follow up to now!!!

When I render the clips........I get the FRAME MONSTER BUG. Solution:

you can render your standard clips, BUT all clips with dissolves, speed changes and other effects need to be NESTED...then it will render everything smooooooooooothly.

Or you can just edit everything new!

Hope this solves all of your problems.......

• 32. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

Silly question...what is "nesting"?

Had same problem.

David

• 33. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Sol

Are you having problems posting your Premiere Pro threads again?

This is the Premiere Elements Forum at Adobe, not the Premiere Pro one. I suspected some problem when you identified yourself in your latest post as the "this post creator". David started the thread that you just posted in AGAIN and after the moderator and others pointed out your prior forum misdirected posts.

It is always good news to learn the someone has resolved pesky issues be they Premiere Pro or Premiere Elements. But, I think it can add complexity to a complex situation by mixing methodology of two different programs in the course of troubleshooting one of them here....example nested sequences

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/PremierePro/4.0/WSEC1CCB36-CFD4-4d60-ABDF-B4F9BE339B05.html

which are part of the Premiere Pro world.

Continued success in your Premiere Pro projects.

ATR

• 34. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                                          Sol_383 Level 1

A. T. Romano

Well I know this time  I posted in the Premiere Elements Forum,

just wanted to let you know what helped me and where the solution is. To nest a sequence in the timeline, just right click......the extra menu opens (where you can change field order, speed etc) and above "speed/duration" is the nest option.....

• 35. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Sol

Thanks for the additional information. In contrast to the Premiere Pro that you are using, Premiere Elements (any version) does not have those Premiere Pro sequences and, when you right click a video on the Premiere Elements (any version) Timeline and select Field Options, there is no Nest option in the Field Options dialog.

ATR

• 36. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos

Thanks to all...I understand that the "nest" option does not exist in "elements".  I must ask if both programs have this problem is it an issue with other video editing programs or just Adobe?  How are the issues causing the problems related and how are they not?  Is it "horsepower under the hood" related or math computations in the CPU?  A glitch in the program code? I have never heard of such a problem until it happened to me.  Mind you I am a beginner and care more about automating what I want to do to my movies in the fasted way possible rather than becoming an expert.

• 37. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

David

I have just sent you a private message regarding this matter via the Premiere Elements Forum at Adobe Private Message System.

Please check it out.

Thanks.

ATR

• 38. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                                                  capta1nk

This issue of frames and video previews increasing was making me nuts in Premiere Pro CC.  The Render would go on for hours and hours and the estimate would always say about 2 seconds left but the frames kept going up, and actually exceeding the total number of frames even possible.  I flushed the scratch discs, opened/closed, and cleaned the media cache... all to no avail.

The problem ultimately was one bad 9 second clip.  My entire move was roughly 100 clips and 25 minutes.  I found this by trying to render just sections of my video, which it would successfully do, then as I did 10 clips at a time, I discovered it came down to one bad clip.  Use a box drag in your timetime to select groups of clips and then in the sequence menu, you can 'render selection' .  I ended up removing and replacing the same clip and then it rendered and ultimately rendered the whole movie as normal.  Fix solved !

• 39. Re: Rendering Video Previews increases number of videos
                                                                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

capta1nk

You realize that you have post today (2014) in a old thread (2010) citing a Premiere Pro fix for an older version of Premiere Elements.

Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes.

We are glad that you found the answer to the specific issue for in that Premiere Pro workflow.

ATR

1 2 Previous Next