1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 18, 2007 2:39 PM by Mete Atamel

Learning Flex Basic Tutorials in Flex 3??

Barb Level 1
      I'm relatively new to Flex and AIR. I own Flex 2 and used Apollo to create a simple app and when it came time to create a real app, I found that Flex Builder 3 with AIR was out in beta. i decided I'd better make the switch now for future compatibility.

So I went through the tutorial available at

on working with data models. I'm specifically interested in figuring out how to save my form data into an xml model for later processing.

I first applied the technique to my own app and when it came time to compile, found an error that says:
      "Severity and Description Path Resource Location Creation Time Id
      A file found in a source-path must have an externally visible definition. If a definition in the file is meant to be externally visible, please put the definition in a package. Employees1 DataController.as Unknown 1184788425614 2941"

I can't figure it out and thought maybe it had something to do with my own app, so I went back through the tutorial and did everything verbatim and I get the same error!

Does anyone know what this is referring to and if it has something to do with Flex Builder 3? More importantly, does anyone know of a good tutorial that walks me through how to use my data model to store form input?

Thanks! BJS