13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2010 5:53 AM by Alan Craven

Mercalli V2 analysis problem

Robbie75VR Level 1

Mercalli V2 users knows that analysis is required before seeing the stabilized clip, my problem in Premiere Pro CS5 with MercalliV2 is that once I prerender the clip by pressing Enter, Mercalli asks me for analysis again, but then even if I go to the Mercalli UI and press OK to start a new analysis it doesn't start anymode, because it knows  that it's done already...

Anybody knows the solution to this problem ?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
          Alan Craven Level 4

Are you adding transitions to your clip after the Mercalli analysis?  If so, that is is the cause of your problem - it is noted on the ProDad website in the FAQ.  They recommend always applying Mercalli after anything else.

• 2. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
            MermaidBeacher

If you have a video transition on the clip, for example a disolve, you will have to remove it first then run Mercalli V2 again then you can redo the transition

• 3. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
              Robbie75VR Level 1

My clips have equalize effect and cross dissolve, applied before mercalliv2, strange I was using mercalli with Sony Vegas Pro 9 and there you don't have to remove transitions or effects... I'll try to do as you say in a minute and see...

Thanks

• 4. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                MermaidBeacher Level 1

You only have to remove the cross disolve before reapplying the Mercalli V2.

• 5. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                  Robbie75VR Level 1

so the correct workflow is:

edit

apply mercally

prerender

view

or

edit without crossfades???

apply mercally

apply crossfades

prerender

sounds very unpracticle to me.. ?

Thanks for your help

• 6. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                    MermaidBeacher Level 1

edit without crossfades

apply Mercalli V2 to your clip

render the clip to ensure a smooth playback

play the clip back to make sure that you are satisfied with the result

apply any crossfades

If you then decide to shorten or lengthen the clip you must then remove the crossfades, reapply Mercally V2, then add the crossfades again.

Colour changes you may have made to the clip are not affected and don't need to be removed or reapplied, it's just the crossfades.

• 7. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                      Robbie75VR Level 1

It must have been some bug because now I can freely edit my crossfades and my analysis remains valid, as it happens in Sony Vegas. Maybe it was its wrong day.. ;-)

Now I can do a complete edit then stabilize with no problems...

The only action that requires a new analysis is when I edit the start or end point of the clip, that sounds very reasonable...

Now I only have to understand when this "bug" happens...

• 8. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                        Greuter13

The current Mercalli version (Windows) 2.0.69, (Mac) 2.0.70 works better with transitions.

The improvement is a workaround to fix a Premiere CS4 and CS5 Bug.

Is the workaround activated a warn-symbol is visible in the UI. Click on this to get a message.

The opposite:

Mercalli can’t detect clip trimming correctly.

Tip:

If the start point was trimmed than the stabilization will breaks.

For a steady output, the user must open the Mercalli UI and press the “OK” button to reanalyze.

I have done same tests with transitions and all works fine!

• 9. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                          Alan Craven Level 4
                          function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

Greuter13 wrote:

The current Mercalli version (Windows) 2.0.69, (Mac) 2.0.70 works better with transitions.

The improvement is a workaround to fix a Premiere CS4 and CS5 Bug.

Is the workaround activated a warn-symbol is visible in the UI. Click on this to get a message.

The opposite:

Mercalli can’t detect clip trimming correctly.

Tip:

If the start point was trimmed than the stabilization will breaks.

For a steady output, the user must open the Mercalli UI and press the “OK” button to reanalyze.

I have done same tests with transitions and all works fine!

Could you tell us how we get updates with the new version?  The old Service Pack system does not seem to be there for Mercalli 2.

• 10. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                            Robbie75VR Level 1

simply by clicking the original link you had when you purchased mercalli, they upgrade the file at the same address.

• 11. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                              Alan Craven Level 4
                              function(){return A.apply(null,[this].concat($A(arguments)))}

Robbie75VR wrote:

simply by clicking the original link you had when you purchased mercalli, they upgrade the file at the same address.

That method will update the installation files in situ.

So we cannot download and save the actual patch file then?

• 12. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                                Robbie75VR Level 1

they just give you the new installer, that can be installed over the old one, without uninstalling it first... at least that worked with me.

• 13. Re: Mercalli V2 analysis problem
                                  Alan Craven Level 4

Ah!!!

It is easy once you try it!!

Running the original download manager leads to an installation screen which offers the option to save the download as a zip file of 10-12 MB.