34 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2015 9:49 PM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error

onlinetravels Level 1

When I create a "theme" and preview my video I

receive a dialogue box that reads as:

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe  No Disk

There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk in to drive Device \Harddisk3\DR3.

I'm not copy anything to disk.  Just viewing the video with a theme template overlayed.  I then have to put in a blank disk or the error message will not go away.

How can I get rid of this message.  Its a nuisance.  Anyone else having this issue?

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Do you get this error code with every theme you apply or just this one?

This is the second strange error you've reported for this program.

Since both errors are of the type rarely if ever reported, it could well be a problem with your system.

How much free, freshly defragmented space is on your C drive?

What operating system do you have, how fast is your processor and how much RAM do you have?

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error

Also note that DR3.exe is a possible virus, as a Google search will indicate.

http://www.greatis.com/appdata/d/d/dree.exe.htm

You may want to download Malware Bytes and give your system a good scanning.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
              onlinetravels Level 1

Just purchased the PC 3 weeks ago.  Its a Dell Studio XPS.  Running Windows 7. 8 GB RAM. Processor is i7-870 (2.93GZ PC).  Hard disk is 1.5TB.  I've tried with two themes.  Will try with others as I don't really know if its isolated to a theme or to the process.  Thanks for the quick reply.

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                onlinetravels Level 1

Just got off the phone with McAfee.  We ran a full scan, checked for virus etc.  My system is clean per the technician.  Any other suggestions?  Don't want to install anything else on the PC if I don't have to.  Didn't install the Malware software because they appear to be applications to install and don't know what else would be installed.  If there is a specific application that would target the issue?  Don't want to load software if I can avoid it.  I can send you a screen shot of the actual message.  It is an Adobe generated message (see screen shot below).

DR3 Issue.png

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                  ruarora

Do you have any external hard drive or pen drive attached to your system? It could be a problem cropping up on drive access wherein the program is accessing the external drives and one of them is faulty. You could also check if you can play a DVD on your system without this error.

• 6. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                    Akshat B Adobe Employee

Try these steps:

1. Uninstall "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 content"

2. Restart the machine.

3. Install "Adobe Premiere Elements 9 content"

4. Restart the machine.

5. Launch Premiere Elements and check whether you are getting the same error.

-Akshat

• 7. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                      onlinetravels Level 1

No pen or external HD attached.  Can play DVDs without issues.

• 8. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                        onlinetravels Level 1

Yikes, just installed the program last week, but will try this.  Thank you.

• 9. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                          davidr@cavtel.net

I get almost the same error....There is no disk in the drive.  Please insert a disk in to drive Device \Harddisk4\DR4. This appears to of happened after I took my camcorder SDHC card out of the slot on my pc.  I had copied some footage to the hard drive.  Just a hunch, but I think I did not safely remove the flash card.  This did happen after using a theme.Disk request.PNG

Other users have had this problem in the past...not sure of the solution.  Somebody said they believe the software goes looking for the original location some of the footage had been copied from in the elements organizer...becasue you have most likely copied pictures or video from a usb or flashcard, elements organizer may be looking for that removeable drive that is not there.  I think this is what happened to me.

• 10. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                            onlinetravels Level 1

Interesting.  How did you get around the message?  In order to continue, I have to put a blank CD in the disc drive.  The application then allows me to continue.

• 11. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                              davidr@cavtel.net Level 1

So far I have not been able to. I am working on my issues at the same time as yours.  I will keep you posted.  I will attempt to put my camcorders SDHC card back into the slot and see if it will work...so far I cannot get around the error.

• 12. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                rdnelson Level 2

You can change the organizer to view content by location instead of by date. Click on "Display" (upper right hand corner of the screen) and select Folder Location.  Or hit control-alt-3.  The display will now be sorted by the "folder location" (i.e. path).  Scroll through the list to see if you have anything in the Organizer which came from removable media.  (PrE 8 shows this type of content as 'offline' -- at least for media located on a network which is currently disconnected)

organizer.jpg

1 person found this helpful
                                • 13. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                  onlinetravels Level 1

Hello rdnelson,

Configured so I could view resources in organizer by media.  Don't see "offline", what I see is the screen shot below.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

proj setting.png

• 14. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                    VinSchiano

This is happening to me too and is VERY VERY VERY frustrating!!!!!!!! Uninstalled the program 2 times and did nothing. I have 60GB on my computers Hard drive left. I am going out to buy CS5.5 if this program keeps doing this. I can't even click anything on the program, the error screen is like a popup with a browser. As soon as open it it shows it!!!!!!!

• 15. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                      Ralph_Wilson

I'm having the same problem! If I don't try to open an existing .prel file I can get it to work. But the program crashed while rendering and now I can't reopen the .prel file. I've been struggling with this for two weeks. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Premiere Elements 9 twice. There HAS to be a way to fix it.Adobe, please help us! Ralph

• 16. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error

To contact Adobe, please click on the Contact Adobe button at the bottom of this web page.

Adobe Tech Support offers free reasonable tech support for their products.

• 17. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

It seems that the users either do not have the Adobe Functional Content (additional Themes, Instant Movies, DVD Templates, Titles, etc.) installed, or that the install of those components has been corrupted. For the additional Functional Content, one can either install that Content, or access it from the DVD w/ that Content. In these cases, it appears that the program is expecting that Content to be available from the DVD with it, and does not see the installation of that Content.

Good luck to all,

Hunt

• 18. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                            Ralph_Wilson Level 1

Oh! That could explain it. Since I don’t use DVD elements much I hadn’t installed that. I’ll so that. Thanks for the suggestion!

Ralph

• 19. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

Ralph,

That Functional Content covers several bases, from DVD Templates, to additional Titles to Themes/Instant Movies. It is all bundled onto the second install disc.

If you only need part of that Functional Content, then you would install it all, and go into the folder hierarchy, Deleting that, which you do not need. To the best of my knowledge, there is no way to just install part of that Content.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 20. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                Ralph_Wilson Level 1

Bill,

I just checked after installing the second disc and I was able to open previously created files without the error. Thank God! J  Ralph

• 21. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Ralph,

Great news!

Happy editing,

Hunt

• 22. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                    sjs-pilgrim

All,

Almost identical issue but not solved by the above - i've tried completely reinstalling the second disk, however this additional info may help:-

after getting into one of these lock down scenarios and repeatedly pressing "cancel/try again/continue" multiple times it eventually threw up the following message box:-

Where is "outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png" located? (i was experimenting trying to use the outdoor adventure theme for the first time)

However this file does not exist anywhere on my hard disk (I searched the whole thing) so i couldn't tell it (the intallation disk only has .CAB files on it so no use looking there either); however "outdoor-adventure_texture.png" does exist (and it is not corrupted), so it looks like a mismatch in what the theme is looking for and what has been installed on the hard drive. Is this a version control error - if so - how do i get it fixed?

I suspect Adobe may not have got their SD and HD content not entirely lined up (assumimg the "_s_" is the SD version - but i'm really guessing at this point) ?

I also guess the "multiple key presses needed on cancel/tryagain/continue" are because it is tryingto find lots of other misnamed files?

best

sjs

• 23. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

SJS,

If the Outdoor Adventure does not exist, then the full Functional Content on the second disc, has not been installed properly.

It appears that some of it is there, but the full complement is not.

My first step would be to try and do an installation of that Functional Content.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 24. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                        sjs-pilgrim Level 1

Hi

Thanks for the prompt response.

Yep tried that already, did a full uninstall and re-installed everything possible from the 2nd disk in the set & no change (i'm using Win7). The Outdoor Adventure folder exists, with quite a bit of content but how do i know if everything is there that should be there? Is it possible to get an inventory of a good known working version of the relevent Win7 .CAB file to see if everything is uncompressing properly. Alternatively is it possible to download just the relevent .CAB file from somewhere online (not the whole product download).

If anyone has a good working themes installation with an "Outdoor Adventure" installation could they provide an asset list so i can compare? Also if anyone can provide me with an md5 hash for the .CAB files on the second installation disk i could at least check to see if they are the same installation files?

I also renamed the "outdoor-adventure_texture.png" file to "outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png" within the outdoor folder to make that particular error go away, but it would appear that the problem is more serious than that.

thanks in advance for any help / info

SJS

• 25. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                          sjs-pilgrim Level 1

Hi

(An update to the posting 11/11/11 07:58)

I finally managed to get some time on my kids Mac and tried an "identical" installation from the Mac OS disks that came in the set. The installation was pretty much identical to the Win7 process and the "Outdoor Adventure" theme works OK on the MAC (albeit quite slowly which i attribute to it not having enough RAM). I copied all the MAC Content files onto a USB and compared them to the Win7 files. To all intents and purposes they are the same, in many cases identical (& there are actually more files in the Win7 installation than on the MAC), so i conclude that there is nothing fundamentally wrong with the Win7 installation process.

But the problem still exists......?

• 26. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error

If you'd like to pursue this, pilgrim, you may want to start a new thread. This thread is 29 posts long, over a year old and starting to fray.

If you want to really discuss this, you might as well open your own thread so that it can get the attention it deserves.

• 27. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                              sjs-pilgrim Level 1

ok thx for the advice - will do

SJS

• 28. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                                the_wine_snob Level 9

I am not sure of the differences between Functional Content on the Mac vs PC for PrE, but there are quite a few extra items for the PC with PrPro.

Things changed a bit in PrPro CS5, and 5.5, but this LIST from CS4 should give an idea of the omissions on the Mac side of the street. Note: you probably will need to Save Image, and then Open it in Photoshop, or another image viewer, to be able to read it, as the Image is rather large w/ tiny type.

Remember, that list was for PrPro, and also for CS4, and PrE has different Effects, and some different Transitions, especially the NewBlue FX, that do not come with PrPro. The list is just an example, and is NOT a direct list of what PrE will have.

Good luck, and wish that I had some ideas for why your PC installation is causing you problems.

Hunt

• 29. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                                  Set Screen

I have the exact problem with the missing file outdoor-adventure_s_texture.png.

It must be that Adobe forgot to include the file on the Content DVD.

Was there ever a new thread created on this subject?

How does one file a bug report so that the missing file(s) can be included in a future update?

Thanks.

• 30. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                                    the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

Have you done a Search of your system for that file, just to make sure that it's not been installed, but PrE isn't finding it?

Good luck,

Hunt

• 31. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                                      Set Screen Level 1

Hi.

Yes I have searched my entire system and the file is not there.

Also did a reinstall but that did not help either.

Maybe I should add that I use a freshly bought copy of PE 10, Swedish language, running on Win7 64bit.

• 32. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                                        nealeh Level 5

That file is not in the English retail box (Windows) version either.

Cheers,
                                                                        --
                                                                        Neale
                                                                        Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 34. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 9 "No Disk" Error
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

vixrulez

The thread that you posted to came from 2011 when another version (version 9.0/9.0.1) was avail. . The No Disc error has presented over the versions with no one specific fix. In version 11, the fix involves the SmartSound feature that does not exist in version 13. It is now 2015.

4 years later....

The No Disc error associated with Premiere Elements 13 seems to be pointing to a problem with the OldFilm.AEX file. Adobe's PRE_help posted that information here a long time ago. You do not have to go outside this forum to find out that deletion or disabling of that file is working for most of the users to get rid of the Premiere Elements 13 No Disc message.

Still under investigation is whether or not there are other factors that can trigger this message.

Please review the threads in this forum for the latest developments.

Thanks.

ATR

Add On...glad that you corrected the Premiere Elements 13 No Disc error and are moving forward with your projects.