37 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 10:38 AM by 2old2bserious

Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)

onlinetravels Level 1

I customize an existing template Disc menu (Pan and Zoom) by bringing in my own photo for both main and scene menu.  On the preview I can see the images and they are correct for both main and scene.  However after I burn a DVD, what appears on the DVD disc is the template not the customized graphic that I imported.  Why is Premiere not keeping the changes, although in "preview" mode it shows me the photos that I uploaded not the templated graphics?

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Is your graphic no larger than 1000x750 pixels in size?

Have you tried it with more than one template to see if the problem is unique to that template?

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
            A.T. Romano Level 7

onlinetravels

What is your Premiere Elements 9 project preset (new project dialog)?

And, what are you using for Share/Disc DVD,

DVD-VIDEO standard 4:3 OR widescreen 16:9?

ATR

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
              onlinetravels Level 1

Hello.  The same image works ok on the "scene" menu.  It's the same resolution.  If there was an issue with the setting or resolution, wouldn't the issue appear in both the"main" and "scene" window?  It's the "mai"n window that reverts back to the template after I burn the DVD.  When I view thru "preview" it displays the correct image, so it appears "ok".  Its when I burn the DVD and watch the playback that I see the template again.  What is the recommendation for the presets?  Thank you.

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                A.T. Romano Level 7

onlinetravels

The information requested is important to rule in or out certain factors

What was thePremiere Elements project preset (new project dialog) used

Share/Disc DVD, whether you used DVD Standard 4:3 or DVD Widescreen 16:9

What were width and height in pixels for the image that went into the DVD Main and Scene menus

The project preset determines what sets of DVD Menu you have available when you get to the Disc Menus Section. And, there could be factors in the .DVD Main Menu and DVD Scene Menu .psd files that could be different. So I want to do some mini test runs mixing in all of the above to see if I can determine the specific cause of your issue.

Thanks.

ATR

• 5. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                  onlinetravels Level 1

Hello ATR,

Used "NTSC_Widescreen Dolby DVD" for DVD burning option.

Size of picture is 3924 (X) x 2616 (H) in pixels.

Size of picture is 654 dpi.

Preset for new project is NTSC-AVCHD-AVCHD Lite 720p30.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks.

• 6. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

onlinetravels

Sometime within the next 24 hours (as soon as possible) I will do a run through with the details that you just supplied and try to define the situation, sorting out the issues from the non issues. I will do this study with the Slideshow/Pan & Zoom DVD Template that you said that you used.

To be continued.....

ATR

• 7. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                      onlinetravels Level 1

Hello ATR,

I tried another template ("Outdoors") and the main/scene disc worked fine.  Don't know if this issue has been reported by others.  If not, I'll just skip the "Slide show" template. Don't know if its worth your cycles to try and replicate.  Maybe just access to another generic template, would be simpler.  No worries if this is not possible.

Thanks.

• 8. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

onlinetravels

Thanks for the additional information. Are you working from a purchased copy of Premiere Elements (with serial number) or from the trial version. I am still working from the Premiere Elements 9 trial version.

Even if you feel that you are all settled and moving forward on your side, I am definitely going to follow up on this. The results that I got troubleshooting the issue that you described (detail by detail) were surprising and somewhat troublesome.

a. Since the Premiere Elements 9 trial version comes with just the Fun DVD Template, I imported the Slideshow/Pan & Zoom DVD Template into Premiere Elements 9 program files from Premiere Elements 8 program files for use in the Premiere Elements 9 project. It did not matter what the resolution of the insert or the project preset selected. But it can be counterproductive to use images with pixel dimensions that far exceed that of the workflow. It is important to point out that, following your details, resolution of the background replacement was not the issue.

a. The DVD Menu Preview looked good with the Video Background replaced, but, after burned to DVD, in my case, the Main Menu displayed the background replacement but the Scene Menu reverted to the original that came with the Adobe design. Since that was rediculous, I decided to do the extreme and go NTSC DV Standard as project preset, use the Fun DVD Template that came with Premiere Elements 9 trial version, and replace the Main Menu and Scene Menu background with a still with pixel dimensions of 1000 x 750 pixels. Here again, the DVD Menu preview looked great, but, after the burn to DVD-VIDEO, the Main Menu displayed the replaced Background but the Scene Menu did not.

b. Finally, I went into the Premiere Elements 9 program files and replaced the background layer at the level of the .psd for the Slideshow/Pan and Zoom DVD Main Menu and the .psd for the corresponding DVD Scene Menu. When I used those in the project, the DVD Menu preview looked AND, after burn to DVD-VIDEO, the replaced background displayed in both the DVD Main and Scene Menus.

c. I did some Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1 runs as a control, and the results obtained were fine for the preview as well as for the DVD-VIDEO on the DVD disc.

There is definitely something that needs attention here. I will pursue to conclusion.

Just some miscellaneous information that you may or may not need

a. When you open a HD project, the SlideSlide Show/Pan and Zoom Template will be a HD type whose .psd in the Premiere Elements 9 program files has a frame size of 1440 x 1080. Except for replacing the Background Layer in the .psd, you are blocked from doing more in Photoshop Elements since the layer groups will not be opened. That is not the case for the non HD ones. Photoshop  would be your path if you wanted to edit the layers in the layer groups of the .psd (maybe for adding more buttons, among other things).

Thanks for posting this matter.

ATR

• 9. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)

I would definitely recommend sizing that photo to no larger than 1000x750 pixels. (In fact, that was the first thing I recommended!) It really looks like you're choking the program with a massively oversized photo.

• 10. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

When I was going into every last detail of onlinetravels situation and variations of each, I did look at this specific issue with regard to resolution, including using the 1000 x 750 pixels photo resolution. That was not a factor in this particular Premiere Elements 9 case. Again, Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, on the same computer, had no problems with the Slideshow/Pan and Zoom DVD Template. In addition, since onlinetravels selected a HD preset, the DVD template was HD with the .psd image size 1440 x 1080. Remember what was happening here was (a) great DVD Menu preview with backgrounds replaced for main and scene menus, BUT (b) after burn to disc, no evidence of the replaced backgrounds, just the original, as if one had never replaced the original background.

Aside from all that, I fully agree that, when the end product is DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen, the photo pixel dimensions should not exceed 1000 x 750 pixel. One is just aiming at failure if he/she does otherwise. But with this high definition project presets and intended goal DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen other considerations enter into the mix. And now with Share/webDVD, I am not sure where that will go troubleshooting wise (where one have flv files with these DVD Templates). That and all these variants on the matter are being studied by me now.

ATR

I

• 11. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)

Thanks for all of your hard work, Tony. I'm looking forward to hearing what you learn!

• 12. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                onlinetravels Level 1

Hello ATR,

I purchased a retail version (not download version) with CD last week.  This is the combined package Adobe Premiere Elements 9/Adobe Photoshop Elements 9.  So yes I have purchased a licensed version.  I've used earlier versions of Adobe Photoshop Elements and happy with this product so decided to expand to the video product.  Not sure if I should enter a new post, but over the weekend in using Premiere the program has stopped working, crashed etc.  I've taken screen shots of the dialogue box that appears when the program indicates "Adobe has stopped working..or closing program etc..", but not sure if the forum is the right place to share details.  I'm new to Adobe Premiere Elements and realize there is a learning curve, but am concerned about the number of interruptions due to the program closing or getting stuck for one reason or another.

Thanks for your previous responses.  Nice to know there is support I can access over the weekend, I believe tech support operates M-F.

• 13. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                  SteveDeanPhotography Level 1

It is almot a year later and I have the exact same issue as the original post. My purchased and registered copy of Premiere Elements does not play friendly with editing the DVD menues. I have gone in to the files and started altering the PSD files and can get some results there. But editing them in PE doesn't work NOMATTER what the image size or file type... it just doesnt work! 

• 14. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                    SteveDeanPhotography Level 1

Thanks for your work, but I would like Adobe to know that this is NOT answered! This is a bug that needs to be fixed.

• 15. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

As mentioned, there IS a Bug with many Menus in PrE 9. I do not know if the new PrE 9.0.1 update fixes this, and have not heard any reports.

I would definitely try the update, if you have not done so, and please report.

Many have found that with careful editing of the Menu Sets in PS, or PSE, they can modify them to suit. However, care must be taken, and all Layer naming conventions must be followed.

Good luck,

Hunt

PS - I would also file a Feature Request/Bug Report with Adobe, and welcome to the forum.

• 16. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                        A.T. Romano Level 7

SteveDeanPhotography

The fix for the issue of the replacement backgrounds that do not appear in the finished DVD-VIDEO has been reported in these forums by me and Robert J. Johnston, and it really does work. Do not let anyone tell you that the fundamental issue is the pixel dimensions of your backgroud replacement. I have not seen this "audio fix" acknowledged by Adobe nor have I seen any comments from Adobe on the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 DVD Menu problems. The "audio fix" has worked here and at the other forum that I frequent.

FIX

For whichever menu you replace the background, in the Disc Menu section of the program, browse and apply audio (muted or non muted). And, remember (with any version of Premiere Elements) that the addition is going to be max. 30 sec and looping. Before running into that fix, the only choice was to go into the version 9.0/9.0.1 program files, get the .psd files involved, and edit them (put the backgrounds in there) in Photoshop Elements  or Photoshop.

I will do a search of the threads here to find the thread that went into this phase of the matter since no one seems to have pointed that out to you.

No one knows what the next version of Premiere Elements will offer in this regard. But you really do have a way to get the job done as mentioned above with Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1.

ATR

Add On....

Please check out the following thread from this forum

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3264889#3264889

especially posts #45 an #47.

• 17. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

No, the Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update does not have any impact on this issue of the Premiere Elements 9 DVD menu replacement background disappearing in the DVD-VIDEO produced.

ATR

• 18. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                            the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Thank you for that update. I was afraid of that.

Oh well, at least with a little care and PS/PSE work, one can get the background image that they want on the Menu sets.

Appreciated,

Hunt

• 19. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

From your last response I think that you might have missed the good part of my message above...you do not have to make the background changes at the level of Photoshop or Photoshop Elements edits of the DVD menu .psd with or without the 9.0.1 Update.

In the Disc Menus section of the program just add music/audio (muted or non muted) to the menu that is having its background changed in that Disc Menus section of the program...works every time for this particular Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 syndrome. But, the syndrome needs definition with regard to a still vs a video with linked audio as the replacement background.

I think that I should add this interesting and important provision that has not been pointed out previously with this "audio fix". Let it be understood that the typical issue brought forth has been with still images as replacement backgrounds. For a "problem DVD menu", if you use a video that has audio incorporated as part of the video file instead of a still as the background, you do not have this problem. The audio from the video to which it was linked on import acts like the "audio fix" without you having to add a muted or non muted audio file to the menu in the audio section of the Disc Menus area to prevent the loss of the replacement background when the DVD-VIDEO is played back.

ATR

• 20. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                Karan S. Level 1

If you will contact Adobe regarding the issue you will get the information that this is a bug! Those menus which have the audio-video logo over the top right corner of their icon, will show you this error. Others work fine.

As far as I think, it is not a bug but a feature which everybody thinks should be with all the templates of the software. But it is clearly indicated by those audio-video logos that these menu will give you an option to edit their background menus and sound, while in the project or the output. I think it is just a lack of documentation that most of the users think that this is an issue itself.

• 21. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

sanga.qwerty

What version of Premiere Elements are you using? If I am interpreting correctly what you just posted, then I make these comments.

After working with this matter extensively for some time now, I strongly disagree with your interpretion of this matter as a problem in documentation. Have you read the history of this matter in the thread that we are in now as well as in
                                                  http://forums.adobe.com/message/3264889#3264889

These findings leave room for ONLY a "bug" that needs attention and which fortunately has a non Adobe "audio fix" to keep the workflow moving. The type of AV designation or lack of it on a menu description does not guarantee its success in this background replacement matter. That will become quite clear to you once you review the history of this matter.

I am pleased that you are moving ahead in your workflow including the menus but I cannot agree with your menu conclusions on how you got there with regard to menus.

ATR

• 22. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                    Karan S. Level 1

Hi Romano,

Please call me Karan.

I strongly disagree with the discussions, and its just a point that people dont seem to understand that this is lot more an unavailable feature. I know that the fault on Adobe's part is that they even allow to change the background image and the audio rather than letting you know that it can't be done in the specific menus.

Plus, your workaround does not seem to justify since even while testing with it, you might even lose the complete access to your menus in the editor for Premiere Elements 9.

Just for information though, Premiere Elements 9 has been designed to import images of or below the size of 4096*4096 pixels.

To Bill,

I really regard you and your knowledge to whatever I am today. I really thank you Sir.

• 23. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Karan

I am concerned about your interpretation on what has been written about the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 DVD Menu Replacement Backgrounds and see no justification for your thinking or even obtaining

"...even lose the complete access to your menus in the editor for Premiere Elements 9." There is no basis for that in theory or reality. Other besides myself have verified what is here and elsewhere. If you want, I would be willing to work with you in the thread to try to determine how you are losing complete access to your menus as you say.

Also of concern is your comment "Premiere Elements 9 has been designed to import images of or below the size of 4096 x 4096. There is a thread here that goes into that maximum still image sizing. The maximum preset video resolution is 1920 x 1080, and importing images at written down Adobe maximum pixels is not going to get you better end product resolution, but rather you end up choking the system. Others have said the same thing, including Steve Grisetti and Bill Hunt to name a few.

So what I have written has been confirmed by others to the extent that they have been able to move forward with their Premiere Elements projects in a predictable manner.

As strongly as you say that you disagree with the discussions, I am forced to disagree strongly with your comments. I hope that we can clear up the differences. Are you getting your thinking from first hand testing or from what you have read somewhere. But in the final analysis, if you have a Premiere Elements workflow that consistently works for you, then that is what you do.I regret that you have not benefited from what has been written in this thread here and elsewhere on the topic.

We wish you continuing success in your Premiere Elements projects and hope that we can end by seeing the justification for each others point of view.

Thank you.

ATR

• 24. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)

And, of course, there's no point in putting in such huge photos since, once they become video, they're at most 1920x1080 or, if standard def DVD, the equivalent of 640x480 pixels. So all you really accomplish by using 16 megapixel images is forcing the program to figure out how best to throw away between 80% and 96% of the video information. And that takes a lot of time and system resources and, if you've got more than a few, it can choke the program completely -- but with no benefits whatsoever.

• 25. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                          the_wine_snob Level 9

As the 4096 x 4096 pixels is the max, that PrE can even handle, I can see no reason to go to that extreme, when doing any work with Still Images in PrE. Also, PS, or PSE, have much better Scaling algorithms, and yield a better result, I tend to Scale my Still Images, for any use in Video, in PS first. Just my personal preferences.

As has been mentioned, unfortunately, there are some Menu Set Templates, that seem to have a major Bug in them. I have not seem reports (but have been gone a lot), on whether they still pose the same problem in PrE 10. I will soon be installing that version, and then I can test for myself.

Others have filed a Bug Report with Adobe, so I would hope that the Menu Set issues will be resolved.

Good luck to all,

Hunt

• 26. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Hunt

I forgot to include in my last post in this thread that the problems encountered when trying to replace many of the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 DVD menu backgrounds are gone in Premiere Elements 10. No user fixes needed.  So, for the DVD Templates that had the problem in version 9.0/9.0.1, the same ones do not have the problem in version 10. This has been confirmed by other Premiere Elements 10 users besides myself.

ATR

• 27. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                              the_wine_snob Level 9

ATR,

Thank you for that input. I sort of thought that was the case, but could not find a report on it - probably still suffering from jet-lag.

Greatly appreciated, as always!

Hunt

• 28. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                benniegibson Level 1

Thought I'd add to this thread - I just solved the very same problem (custom graphics for dvd main menu working in preview but not on burned DVD) by adding audio.  I have not yet tried other menu templates - the one I used was "Kids Party".  Definitely looks like a bug.

• 29. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                  nealeh Level 5

Karan S. wrote:

Just for information though, Premiere Elements 9 has been designed to import images of or below the size of 4096*4096 pixels.

Unfortunately that is one of those things where "just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should do it".

Cheers,
                                                                  --
                                                                  Neale
                                                                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 30. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                    Nash_John Level 3

To reconform ATR, i also checked with some DVD menus in PrE 10, and found that this issue is no more there in versin 10.

If someone finds it again, please reply back.

• 31. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                      the_wine_snob Level 9

John,

That is good news, and hope that your tests do point out that Adobe fixed the issue.

Thanks for reporting on your findings,

Hunt

• 32. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                        2old2bserious Level 1

I have been using PE10 now for some time and stick to 1080i (1920x 1080) with good results burning AVCHD to 4.7 discs.  The projects are good except that menu content although full screen and undistorted, the resolution is not HD.  This issue has been confirmed by an Adobe Support Engineer who said the team are working on it.  Should that mean that 10 will get fixed or that we will have to buy an upgrade to 11?

Bob Pflug

• 33. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

2old2bserious

The question that you pose is one that can only be addressed by Adobe and its priorities. I do not work for Adobe nor am affiliated with Adobe.

Dealing with what you describe, could you elaborate on "...the resolution is not HD"?

a. If you say that the menu content does go full screen and is not distorted, do you mean that the view of the menu via your player is blurry/not sharp and/or not as sharp as your 1920 x 1080i footage?

b. I am assuming that you are using the project preset of NTSC (or PAL) AVCHD Full 1080i30 (or 25). What specific menu are you selecting that falls into the non HD look in the player? These menus come in set SD, W, or HD. Does your specific menu come in those three types in the project files? And, if so, based on your project preset, what set is the program automatically making available to you in the Disc Menu section...the SD, W, or HD set? You can check this by opening the saved project.prel in WordPad and viewing that detail.

By the way, what is your player for the AVCHD DVD?

ATR

• 34. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                            2old2bserious Level 1

Just a quick reply to let you know that I want to spend a little time on

this issue again so that I can furnish accurate information in a manner that

you will find useful.  Your prompt reply obliges me to avoid a quick willy

nilly response.  Also, can I reply as I am now using email and quite likely

some screenshots?

Bob Pflug

• 35. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                              2old2bserious Level 1

I hardly know where to start as I've been on this issue since installing a trial version of APE9 that was packaged with Photoshop 9.  I am no expert although I have much experience using Pin. Studio 9 which I bought within a year after getting my first computer in 04 and used until I purchased a Panasonic Lumix FZ100 which required a new computer and software for HD.  Last year I tried at least 4 different video editors before Adobe when I was steered to 10 with 64 bit which on the whole was a good decision.  Although this forum is titled Premiere 9 I have only been talking 10 since installing it on 24/10/11.  While I am prepared to provide more information through some short trial projects it is important to review the following thread keeping in mind that in spite of my almost 77 years I've learned much over this time:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/adobe_premiere_elements_10_disc_menu _bug?utm_content=reply_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification#reply_7274125ht tp://

• 36. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

2old2bserious

Thank you for the follow up. I have read of your experiences with Premiere Elements 10 issues in your posted link and am left which questions.

I have looked at source media appropriate for the Premiere Elements 10 project preset = NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 (1920 x 1080 16:9 @ 30 frames per second) and taking it to a Share/Disc/AVCHD/Disc. At this point in the workflow,  you have a choice of presets:

H.264 1920 x 1080iNTSC Dolby or H.264 1440 x 1080iNTSC Dolby (which includes HD anamorphic to stretch the video to 1920 x 1080 for display after encoding)

I used the Fun Menu which was available in Disc Menus section of the program as directed by the program's project preset. It was clearly marked HD. I did not customize it.

If I selected the preset = H.264 1920 x 1080i30, burned the Timeline to AVCHD DVD, and explored that AVCHD DVD, I found in the BDMV Folder/Stream Folder that the file for the video (00000.m2ts) and the files for the menus (00001.m2ts and 00002.m2ts) have the same frame size, that is, 1920 x 1080. So, all represent HD. Therefore, I would ask, what do you mean the resolution is not HD. I used the free program MediaInfo to determine the properties of these files from the AVCHD DVD produced from Premiere Elements 10. Similiarly, if I selected the preset = H.264 1440 x 1080iNTSC Dolby, the video and menu files in the Stream Folder will have the same resolution, namely 1440 x 1080 HD anamorphic 16:9.

1. Based on the reference material that you posted a link to:

a. Are your menu problems behind you in Premiere Elements 10 with the use of 1080i video versus 720p video?

b. Are your menu problems related just to those that you customize (background change, scene thumbnail/text resizing, etc) and not to the menu that you do not customize.

All the AVCHD DVD that is produced from my Premiere Elements 10 is acceptable video and menu-wise as played back on my computer player. I do not have a standalone player that can play AVCHD DVD.

I hope that the above comments are helpful in your troubleshooting. I am still puzzled by what you say the  Adobe engineers are acknowledging as a bug and are working on.

ATR

• 37. Re: Premiere Elements 9 Disc Menu (main/scene)
                                                                                  2old2bserious Level 1

I just did an 18 minute project using  NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 as a

preset.  Although in past I have used Kids/Nightime Story without realizing

that it is not HD, this time I selected Entertainment/Broadway which is.  At

first I tried using a video clip for a background but changed to a frame

capture.  In either case the results were the same as you can see in the

att.  I then burned AVCHD using 1920x1080i NTSC and when played on my

standalone equipment the results were the same as in the att. with poor

resolution in the menu.  I did no more editing in the menu that change

button colour as I was only out to address the resolution issue.  In fact I

got sound in the menu which obviously came from the video clip I tried and

could have been edited out.  I've not gone through all the templates but few

offer any customization and even the one I used had curtains in the scene

menu.  In fact I just tried Kids/Nightime Story again and as you can see the

resolution is as good as the HD one and in this case the scene menu allows

complete background change.   

As you suggest (b) my problems stem from customization which I always did in

Pin. Studio and my answer to b. would be yes subject to HD resolution in

menus.

Regarding your final statement about Adobe Engineers the 2 following

extractions come from Adobe Employees:

<http://feedback.photoshop.com/people/satish_ramakrishnan> Satish

Ramakrishnan (Customer)

<http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/adobe_premiere_elemen

ts_10_disc_menu_bug#reply_7274125> 3 months ago

To Bob:

The videos you are using are definitely 1440x1080. I say this because the

menu are designed for videos of that resolution. For all other resolutions

there is a resize that needs to be done and that is the reason the quality

reduces (drastically). This is an issue we are aware of and will look into

for the future versions.

Hi Bob

As I told you earlier , there are three resolutions available for each menu.

Two for Standard definition, and one for HD .

HD menus are designed for 1440x1080 . and SD menus are designed for 720X480

4:3 and 16:9 .

When you used 720p clips, loss of quality was evident because resizing was

taking place.

But with 1080i, the loss wasn't there as told by you.

Because images or videos can be resized from large resolution to smaller

resolution without loss in quality.

Resizing from small resolution to large resolution will result in loss of

quality.

The engineering team are aware of the limitation with menu and are working

on it Bob.

Thanks and regards

Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01CBD684.DF622750

VIPUL VAIBHAV

TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER

DIGITAL VIDEO

Adobe - Center of Excellence

Possibly my interpretation is faulty but away back when I experimented with

9 using Fun the only available template I was told by Adobe on the phone

that there was a bug.  When I ordered 10 I asked them to confirm that the

menu issue was rectified. 

Finally, I appreciate your help and will also appreciate your putting me

straight on any points you catch.  On the whole this is a good program and I

stand amazed to see it render almost in playing time, which reflects the

combination of computer and software.

Many Thanks