Thank you first for reading my post. I have read over the fourms for a few days now before posting. I would like to list some facts about my system and myself. I am very computer savy and I own and built this computer. I don't buy stock computers I have always built my own.
- OS Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit OEM
- Asus Mother Board
- 6 GB Ram
- 1 GB Nvida Card... Pc has all the bells and whistles $2,000 invested
- Windows Defender
- Super Anti Spyware
- Nortons 360
- Adobe 9.3.4
Now this the registery problem, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Run\Optional Components\IMAIL now when I go to my regedit and manualy look for this key I can't find it past Run. I can search all the way through the key's and get to run and there are no further entries after that file. So I'm guessing that maybe Either its missing and I don't have a backup to reinstall it or Adobe is having a major problem.
Solutions I have tried:
Ankit_Jain's Solution. I can't get this command prompt to work even with manual or copy and paste and Im aware of the mistype she put foward and corrected.
- 1. Download Microsoft's SubinACL tool from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e8ba3e56-d8fe -4a91-93cf-ed6985e3927b&displaylang=en
- 2. Install the same by double clicking on the "subinacl.msi" just downloaded.
- 3. Open Command Prompt window through the Run Dialog Box (Start -> Run and type "cmd" and click OK)
- 4. In the Command Prompt window, type in the following commands:
- i. cd /d "%ProgramFiles%\Windows Resource Kits\Tools" (Hit Enter)
- ii. subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\OptionalComponents /grant=administrators=f /grant=SYSTEM=f /grant=USERS=f /grant="Creator Owner"=f (Hit Enter)
Registery Mechanic: Paid the $29.99 to get this and it still isn't working. Though I continue to get some errors for some of my keys.
Removing Adobe 9.3.4 Can't be done through control panel program remove. It says I don't have sufficent access. I built this machine, that means I own it and thats the bottom line.
Adobes Response Link: http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/329/329137.html#main_Additional information
Try this first
- Remove all previous versions of Acrobat or Reader I CANT UNISTALL IT FOLKS
- (Advanced) Set permissions to registry defaults I HAVE DONE THIS AND NOTHING HAS HAPPEND
- Remove spyware I HAVE 4 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS TO DEAL WITH SPYWARE IM CLEAN
- Check for viruses
- Disable Webroot Spy Sweeper DONT HAVE THE PROGRAM
- Disable McAfee VirusScan 8.5 Access Protection DONT HAVE THE PROGRAM
- Visit the forums IM HERE NOW PLEADING FOR HELP
- Additional information "Error 1402 occurs when the Windows installer is unable to read a particular registry key. Installation can fail because the Acrobat or Reader installer attempts to clean up registry keys of previous versions of Acrobat or Reader. This cleanup is necessary to avoid conflicts with Acrobat or Reader plug-ins and add-ins for third-party software" This is in their words. Seems it can't read it to Uninstall Also or it removed my key during INSTALL.
As you can see I have put some effort into this and I own the machine and I am the Administrator. I build computers from parts and this is the finest I have built todate. Some help would be welcomed.