6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2010 10:04 AM by VDOSurfer

MPEG sound issue

mundenbar Level 1

When I used the share option on Premiere and chose the mpeg format. Everything was fine. When I do it now, sound dissappears. From I reserched in the forum, there is coding issue. But what I do not understand is that why was it working properly in the first place?

• 1. Re: MPEG sound issue
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What is the source for your original footage? If it is from a camcorder, what type of camcorder is it and how did you get it into your computer?

When you started your Premiere Elements project, which project settings did you select?

• 2. Re: MPEG sound issue
            mundenbar Level 1

I have a Cannon Hf200. I just copy and paste from the SDHC card to the desktop.

Project settings are HD 1080i.

Everything is exactly the same with the clips with audio.

• 3. Re: MPEG sound issue
              mundenbar Level 1

I figured it out. Wrong setting.

Project settings should be on HDV 1080i.

Have to remember that.

Thanks for the assist.

• 4. Re: MPEG sound issue
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

No. Your camcorder is not an HDV camcorder. HDV cams are tape-based.

Your camcorder is an AVCHD camcorder shooting at 1920x1080 -- but only in FXP or MXP mode. (I can't guarantee the program will be able to edit video shot in other modes.)

You should be using the project settings for AVCHD 1920x1080 stereo. And make sure you save your project within its own folder and not out in a main directory!

Rather than just moving the files from the camcorder to your desktop using your operating system, I would recommend using Premiere Elements' Get Media/AVCHD camcorder Video Importer. It will help the program better assimilate the files.

• 5. Re: MPEG sound issue
                  VDOSurfer Level 3

In general, please ensure that conforming happens when you import videos into PRE9. That is a small progress bar at the bottom right corner that comes and goes quickly and depends on the size of the video file. Once conformed, I think the audio part is taken care of and you should not have any issues. When you switched projects, this would have happened completely and the issue seems resolved....

• 6. Re: MPEG sound issue
                    the_wine_snob Level 9

For some background on the Conforming process (and Indexing for MPEG files), this ARTICLE will be useful.

Good luck,

Hunt