0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2010 6:06 PM by shichae

Guide Modification Panel & Guide Usage extension

shichae

Hello,

I would like to request the ability to click on an existing Guide and be able to view and modify the X/Y position information from the info, properties panel or a panel explicitly used to modify Guides.  I would also like to request the ability to group guides so that I can selectively turn on and off groups of Guides w/o having to turn all of the viewable Guides off.  If the ability to group Guides is enabled, then I'd like to be able to assign/view the Guide group in the info, properties panel or a panel explicitly used to modify Guides.

Currently, an existing Guide must be moved to find the x/y location.  Typically, I can just move the guide and make sure that the layer of the object that it is marking is selected so it will snap back to the original position.  But if that object is no longer in the document, then I cannot move the guide back into position once I've moved it w/o the history panel or an undo.  Also, it is not always possible to find the true value of the Guide position because of the info pane tracks the cursor and not the Guide itself.  The ability to click on an existing Guide and find the position or move it to a new position would be a welcome addition to the power of Photoshop IMHO.  Thanks in advance!

Andy