9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2010 12:33 AM by Mylenium

Weird timecode problem?!

VideoMans

Hello Adobe,

I have a 100% motion graphics comp,  one part of the timeline "sticks". It sticks during a camera movement (single node camera, with separated x,y,z vales if that matters).

During the camera move the timecode freezes for 4 frames, nothing moves in that 4 frames then it pops back into playing. Also if you click into that spot on the timeline, the compostion will show black or transparent.

I have added an adjustment layer with a timecode filter to double check that the playback is freezing. The timecode filter also freezes for that time. But the timecode on the comp timeline (the GUI) shows those four frames playing when I stew forward.

Here is the kicker- Then when I turn the camera off and the comp plays perfect. The timecode (filter) shows those 4 frames playing.

So I delete the old camera, everything plays fine, then add a new camera with a similar animation and in the same exact spot it freezes again.

I have rendered the timeline twice, and it stops at that point (there is another minute after that).

I've restarted AE, I have no idea what to do.  Of course this is for a client, and stressing me out.

notes:

-no time remapping

-no expressions

Thank you

Adam

update- I added another new camera, this time the timecode freezes at a different time for 11 frames. The longer I make the camera movement the longer the time sticks, but it isn't for the whole movement. example: i make the camera move a second longer, it freezes two more frames.?

• 1. Re: Weird timecode problem?!
          TimeRemapper Level 4

Can you please post what your camera settings are?

i.e.

camSet.png

• 2. Re: Weird timecode problem?!
            VideoMans Level 1

Sure thing!

Here are the two cameras on the timeline. These are both new camers, when I noticed the problem I was using "camera 2" that I deleted.

Screen shot 2010-10-17 at 6.45.06 PM.jpg

Screen shot 2010-10-17 at 6.44.09 PM.jpg

This was taken on the same frame, oddly you can see one is black and the other has an image.

Thank you for the help!

Adam

mac 10.6.4

uptodate cs5 AE software

• 3. Re: Weird timecode problem?!
              VideoMans Level 1

okkkkkay, I have tracked the problem down to one of my layers. It is a simple precomp with a PSD and a jpeg. When I then that off everything is fine, the camera dosnt get stuck, the timecode keeps on moving.

Which is weird that the compostion played when the camera was turned off, but with that bad layer tunred on.... Makes no bloody sence at all. I'm going to go punch some walls now.

• 4. Re: Weird timecode problem?!
                Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Please, whenever asking questions, give version number of After Effects (exact number, such as "CS5 10.0.1"), exact operating system, and details of footage being used.

• 5. Re: Weird timecode problem?!
                  VideoMans Level 1

You are rude Todd.

I have a 100% motion graphics comp- meaning there is no footage

mac 10.6.4

• 6. Re: Weird timecode problem?!
                    Todd_Kopriva Level 8
                    > You are rude Todd.

I'm sorry that you think so.

We need information to help you. I asked you for that information. I'm sorry if the way that I asked didn't sit well with you.

• 7. Re: Weird timecode problem?!
                      VideoMans Level 1

I do think so.

When people visit your forums they have a problem with the software they spent money on, and sometimes have spent money on for many years. Your job as you stated is to help people, you are the face of Adobe. I'm sure you answer the same questions over and over again, so copy and paste a pleasant response.

Such as:

I am sorry that you are having a problem, to help us out what is the exact.....

Feel free to leave a shot responce. I'm sure you want to. Thank you Todd.

• 8. Re: Weird timecode problem?!
                        shooternz Level 6

Please, whenever asking questions, give version number of After Effects (exact number, such as "CS5 10.0.1"), exact operating system, and details of footage being used.

How do interpret that as rude?

You are way out of line. (especially after 8 posts)

If you spend any more time around here you would discover the value that Todd (and his colleagues) contribute.

• 9. Re: Weird timecode problem?!
                          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Makes no bloody sence at all.

Perhaps it still does make sense? Is there any "collapse transformations" involved? Since that would influence 3D vs. 2D layer rendering order plus possibly usage of layer styles on your PSD also figuring in.... And i agree with the otehrs - there is nothing rude about Todd's reply. You haven't seen me on the best of days....

Mylenium