1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 18, 2010 8:13 AM by Devtron

How to make the data points visible on the graph  of line chart.

Pol-suma

Hello,

I have a line chart , but the data points are not visible on it..Can you please help me in making the  datapoints visible on the line of line chart??

• 1. Re: How to make the data points visible on the graph  of line chart.
          Devtron Level 3

In my LineSeries, I had a similar problem. Then I realized that the yField mapping was case sensitive, although it does not give you compiler warnings or errors.

My problem was this:

<mx:series>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls1" yField="v1" form="curve" displayName="Field 1" lineStroke="{s1}"/>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls2" yField="v2" form="curve" displayName="Field 2" lineStroke="{s2}"/>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls3" yField="v3" form="curve" displayName="Field 3" lineStroke="{s3}"/>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls4" yField="v4" form="curve" displayName="Field 4" lineStroke="{s4}"/>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls5" yField="v5" form="curve" displayName="Field 5" lineStroke="{s5}"/>               
          </mx:series>

and I fixed it with this:

<mx:series>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls1" yField="V1" form="curve" displayName="Field 1" lineStroke="{s1}"/>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls2" yField="V2" form="curve" displayName="Field 2" lineStroke="{s2}"/>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls3" yField="V3" form="curve" displayName="Field 3" lineStroke="{s3}"/>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls4" yField="V4" form="curve" displayName="Field 4" lineStroke="{s4}"/>
             <mx:LineSeries id="ls5" yField="V5" form="curve" displayName="Field 5" lineStroke="{s5}"/>                   
          </mx:series>

If you notice, the yField is the only thing that changed. This made a big difference for me after pulling my hair out for a day or two.

1 person found this helpful