Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash .swfs don't play but Capt8 .swfs do

Oct 18, 2010 Oct 18, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using RH7 on a 32-bit Windows Vista PC. I have both .swfs created in Captivate and .swfs created in Flash embedded in a .CHM. Two months ago, both of these file types worked fine in the .CHM. Now only the Capt .swfs play in the .CHM. The Flash .swfs play when I preview from within RH and when played externally as .swfs, but not in the .CHM. I recently upgraded to Flash Player 10. Could that be the problem? The update deleted version 9 and Adobe doesn't have 9 available for download. Any other ideas? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found the solution to this problem (for me). I had inadvertantly deleted all of the

.swfs that were called by the main .swf from the Baggage folder. They may have shown up on the Unused File List (?), which I use to clean up the project after a big round of revisions. Anyway, when I put them back in, all was fixed. Hooray!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2010 Oct 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sue

I'm pleased you resolved the issue.

Here's a bit of technical information as to why that may have happened. If one SWF has a link inside it that opens or depends on another, RoboHelp has no way to determine that because it's all happening inside the SWF and not exposed to RoboHelp. Therefore RoboHelp *WILL* actually report the related SWFs as Unused Files. Because from RoboHelp's perspective, they are unused. They aren't directly referenced from any specific topic.

For what it's worth, we have also observed the same thing with images when they are referenced via JavaScript. Because the JavaScript is referencing the Images and not RoboHelp, unless they are added to Baggage they don't survive the process of compiling or generating.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

RoboHelp Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Begin learning RoboHelp HTML 7 or 8 moments from now - $24.95!

Adobe Certified RoboHelp HTML Training

SorcererStone Blog

RoboHelp eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp