9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 8, 2011 7:21 AM by eLearningDave

Accessibility window in Flash CS5

eLearningDave Level 2

Hello,

Has anyone noticed that the Accessibility window in Flash CS5 seems to put a default Tab Index of 0 (zero) on some objects?  This causes two problems, one, items on the screen get included in the tabbing order when they were not intended to be and two, Flash keeps thowing up an error window that says "Please enter a value between 1 and 65535."  Which of course, the error occurs because Flash throws a zero into the tab index window for some reason.  I never had this happen in CS4.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

dave

• 1. Re: Accessibility window in Flash CS5
          eLearningDave Level 2

I just noticed that another thread has been discussing this issue:

Re: CS5(?) tabindex problem

without any way to resolve the bug other than the developer having to write a class to circumvent the software bug.  I have submitted a bug report to Adobe, hopefully they will resolve this issue ASAP.  This is also causing an error message to appear telling me to please enter a number between 1 and 65535.  Then you have to click the ok button multiple times for the error message to go away.

In the mean time, it appears you must remove the zero in the tab index, swf your movie and then the object(s) will be left out of the tabbing order.  Of course when you call the .fla up again, the zero has returned so you have to go through all the objects again to clear the zeros and re-swf.

dave

• 2. Re: Accessibility window in Flash CS5
            eLearningDave Level 2

I am continuing to send the bug report to Adobe.  No response yet.

dave

• 3. Re: Accessibility window in Flash CS5
              eLearningDave Level 2

No response from Adobe yet.  I am continuing to submit bug reports to Adobe.  This is really beginning to cause a lot of problems.  I continue to try removing the zero that is being automatically inserted into the tab index box of the Accessibility window.  Many times this causes the error window to come up telling me to please place a number between 1 and 65,000...., then you have to hit the OK button and it crashes Flash cs5!

In my latest attempt to contact Adobe about this problem I tried calling their product help line (there seems no other way to contact Adobe about a bug other than the bug report which seems to generate no response).  After speaking to a representative after a 40 minute wait on hold I was informed that they could not help me with this software bug unless I purchase a support plan.  I informed the representative that I shouldn't have to purchase a support plan for a software bug but all the support person could do was give me the phone number to purchase a support plan.

I realize this is a user forum but I seem to have run out of options.  Could anyone out there with access to Adobe support please let me know how I can speak to Adobe about this serious bug in Flash CS5?

Thank you,

dave

• 4. Re: Accessibility window in Flash CS5
                eLearningDave Level 2

Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the accessibility window?

thanks,

dave

• 5. Re: Accessibility window in Flash CS5
                  eLearningDave Level 2

Hi,  are there any flash devlopers out there experiencing the major bug with the flash accessibility window in CS5?  I keep trying and trying to get Adobe to respond about this very serious problem (Flash automatically placing a zero in the tab index window of the accessibility window).  As I've stated above in my other posts, it causes incorrect tab order and Flash CS5 to crash randomly.  I have also sent in numerous bug reports to their bug reporting website with NO response.  I also tried to call support.  That was a dismal failure.  ANY information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

dave

• 6. Re: Accessibility window in Flash CS5
                    eLearningDave Level 2

Hi,

Anyone from Adobe, could you please respond to this.  This is a serious problem.  Zero causing Flash to crash!!!!!!!

dave

• 9. Re: Accessibility window in Flash CS5
                      eLearningDave Level 2

Flash cs 5.5 has repaired the problem with the Accessibility window and the zero issue.

dave