2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2010 1:07 PM by Steve Grisetti

Uninstall PRE9 Content

PJP66 Level 1

I finally decided to try to solve my "low system memory" problem by uninstalling both the PRE9 application and the PRE9 Content.  My plan is to reinstall just the application minus the content.

I went to Control Panel and "removed" both listed items.  An Uninstall Wizard indicated that both were removed successfully.  However, when I check the hard drive, all the 4.29 GB of Content is still there.  Since I believe the Content may be causing my problem, I definitely want to get rid of it.  It is no longer listed in Control Panel Add/Remove Programs.

How do I get rid of it?  Just delete the folder?

PJP

• 1. Re: Uninstall PRE9 Content
          nealeh Level 5

If you rename the folder before reinstalling the trial that should be just as good.

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 2. Re: Uninstall PRE9 Content
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Meantime, I can pretty much guarantee you that the content is not causing out of memory errors. At least not unless you've got less than 30 gigabytes of free space on your C drive -- and then you 've got bigger issues.

The two biggest causes of out of memory issues are:

1) You're not rendering your video (by pressing Enter) when red lines appear above the clips on your timeline

2) You're using photos larger than 1000x750 pixels

It could also be related to your source video and a failure to match it to the appropriate project settings.