2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2010 1:36 PM by nealeh

Customer Service hangs up on me

PJP66

Does anyone have a telephone number for Adobe where you can speak to a person? I have called 4 times to the 800-833-6687 number to get help uninstalling PRE9 Content.  The first 2 times, I was disconnected as soon as I explained what I wanted to do.  The third time I was  disconnected as soon as the call back connected me to a representative.  The fourth time I decided to hold until I got a person.  This person told me that I could not download the application from adobe.com and that I could not download the content from that website, so he couldn't help me with uninstall.  When I asked to speak to a supervisor, he disconnected me.

How does one get HELP from this company???  I've got other Adobe software -- including Photoshop CS5 -- and have never had this kind of trouble before.

PJP

• 1. Re: Customer Service hangs up on me
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

From the FAQs to the right of this forum:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/414984?tstart=30

You can also find a number of way sto reach Adobe by clicking the Contact button at the top of this page.

• 2. Re: Customer Service hangs up on me
            nealeh Level 5

They should not be taking that approach.

Knowledge base article (Doc ID tn_18759) - Download and install trials - includes:

Technical support for product trials

Adobe offers complimentary, phone-based support for installation issues only. For telephone support information, go to Contact Support and Customer Service.

So   I think that your best bet would be to call them again. If you get the  'no support for  trials' response:

1. Get their name (most call centre operatives will only give their first name but that, together with a date and time of the call, is sufficient for Adobe to identify the operative).
            2. Point them at their own technical note - article (tn_18759)
            3. Inform them that you will escalate their refusal to assist, even though their technical note says they will, to a higher authority.

The biggest problem will of course be to find a higher authority and there I'm afraid you're stuck with the Contact Adobe button Steve has pointed you to.

It seems a shame that, after the very public Adobe CEO statement in 2009 recognising their cr*p support, that things have not improved.

Cheers,
            --
            Neale
            Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children