1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2006 9:29 PM by Newsgroup_User

Video preview thumbnails

mikecoyne83
      This might be a really dumb question because I imagine this should be real simple.
      I am building a web site that will be containg alot of video and I need to show preview thumbnails of each video clip. Of course I could take a screenshot and upload it as an image that links to the video; but the problem that I will be tackling is when my users try to submit a video clip. I need to make it simple where users can upload a video clip and not worry and creating a thumbnail.
      Is there a way to just have all my videos show up as thumbnails that just need to be clicked on?
      Or if anyone has a real easy solution that would be greatly appreciated

thank you
      Mike
        • 1. Re: Video preview thumbnails
          Level 7

> I need to make it
          > simple where users can upload a video clip and not worry and creating a
          > thumbnail.

this would involve a server-side scripted file uploader and file manager
          that can deal with large vid files, that would create still thumbs from the
          uploaded files and build a link page. AFAIK, there is no "real simple"
          solution. You could browse through http://hotscripts.com searching on video
          upload to see if there are some pre-written scripts offered.