5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2010 8:00 AM by Kasyan Servetsky

FindChangeByList script question, re: when a style is part of a style group

JoJo Jenkins Level 1

Hi,

I'm using InDesign's FindChangeByList script and am running into a problem.

Here is the problem line:

grep {findWhat:"^."} {appliedParagraphStyle:app.activeDocument.paragraphStyleGroups.item("Text").paragraphStyles.item("Body2.TextIndent"), changeConditionsMode:1919250519} {includeLockedStoriesForFind:false, includeLockedLayersForFind:false, includeHiddenLayers:false, includeMasterPages:false, includeFootnotes:true} //Change everything to Text.indent2 style

What I am trying to do is format every paragraph with the style called "Body2.TextIndent" which is located in my style sheets under a group called "Text"

This line is not working for me; I get a JavaScript  "Error #17. Error string: variable name expected."

Please note that I CAN get this line to work just fine if I use a style that is NOT in a group. For instance, this line works fine for me:

grep {findWhat:"^."} {appliedParagraphStyle:"Body2.TextIndent", changeConditionsMode:1919250519} {includeLockedStoriesForFind:false, includeLockedLayersForFind:false, includeHiddenLayers:false, includeMasterPages:false, includeFootnotes:true} //Change everything to Text.indent2 style

The problem is apparently that the FindChangeByList script doesn't like style groups. I found this by Googling the internet and found this link:

http://www.listsearch.com/indesign/Thread/index.lasso?17986

Can anyone help?

Thanks.