1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2010 5:31 AM by aditi_bk

Pause movie after loading, then play after playing another clip

aditi_bk

Hi,

This is the set up so far. Loader1, is playing till home.swf is loaded. I am using the loadClip function for it. onLoadProgress plays the first bit of Loader1.

What I want to do is within onLoadInit() = function(_mc:MovieClip) {

_root.ldr1.addEventListener("played", function() {_mc.gotoAndPlay(1);});            // add listener to Loader 1

_mc.stop();                                                               

_mc._alpha = 0;

_root.ldr1.gotoAndPlay("strt");                                        //plays second bit of loader

In the last frame within ldr1, I am dispatching the "played" event.

this.dispatchEvent({type:"played", target: this});

The problem is that it is not playing the function. Also _mc.stop(); is not stopping the loaded file. It keeps playing, though _mc._alpha is working fine.

What am I doing wrong?? How can I make sure the event is being dispatched?? Home.swf ( the _mc being loaded), is within a separate movieclip, over the loader.

Is it possible to do this?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Pause movie after loading, then play after playing another clip
          aditi_bk Level 1

Ok I figured out what I was doing wrong. All the code was perfectly fine, except the event name within dispatchEvent should be in ' ' instead of " "...same for addEventListener.

The main problem was that I had placed EventDispatcher.initialize(this); in the wrong frame. It has to be in the first frame of the clip apparently. That fixed it. Let me know if there are any queries...though I believe this is simple enough..now..:)