4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2010 10:28 PM by BhaskerChari

Pdf Loading

Flex Rock Level 1

Hi,

I am opening a pdf in my application using navigate url. When opening the pdf it shows the url on the browser. Is there anyway to block the url from showing on the browser.

Thanks,

Jayagopal.

• 1. Re: Pdf Loading
          BhaskerChari Level 4

Hi Jayagopal,

I am not sure whether this is possible to block the url from showing on the browser, but we can make it uneditable i.e; we can disable the browser location bar so that the user cannot type anything but only can view it.

Write the below javascript function in your HTML wrapper file and call it on a button click or something else when you want to open a new pdf window. Just send in the PDF url to that function you want to open...

You can specify many other parameters for the window as i have shown in the second line of code in the function...

function openWindow(url)
          {
          window.openurl,'mywindow',location=no');
          //window.openurl,'mywindow','width=400,height=200,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,s tatus=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes');
          }

Thanks,

Bhasker

• 2. Re: Pdf Loading
            Flex Rock Level 1

Hi,

Is there any possibilities to encrypt the url and use it in navigate url function. If so please tell me.

Thanks,

Jayagopal.

• 3. Re: Pdf Loading
              BhaskerChari Level 4

Hi Jayagopal,

Check out this link where in this you can encrypt this url in javascript...

http://js-x.com/page/javascripts__example.html?run=103

Thanks,

Bhasker

• 4. Re: Pdf Loading
                Flex Rock Level 1

HI,

for example i need to encrypt this url

"G:/Files/Files/source dont delete/Ehr_appsrc/perfect-emr-manual.pdf" and the encrypted url i should use to open the pdf. while opening the pdf in browser it should show the encrypted url.

Thanks,

Jayagopal.