5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2010 3:07 AM by Buqpa

Resolution Matching for Multimedia Player

Buqpa

Dear all,

I am trying to use a multimedia player (WD Mini TV, in fact) for playing a movie I am rendering in After Effects.

I want the movie to be played exactly the same in the multimedia player than in the preview, so each element in the movie is exactly in the same position.

Due to the multimedia player letting me choose only between PAL or NTSC (no 640x480 o similar is available, I have only the "Video" input available on the projector I'm using) I can not find the correct resolution for the composition.

Any idea that could help?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best,

Diego

• 1. Re: Resolution Matching for Multimedia Player
          Todd_Kopriva Level 8

If the player only plays SD NTSC or PAL movies, then it seems that your composition settings should simply match those settings. In other words, it seems that you should just use the NTSC DV or PAL D1/DV preset for your composition settings.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Resolution Matching for Multimedia Player
            Buqpa Level 1

Thanks a lot Todd, once again

That's right Todd, but then my problem is a new one... I can not choice PAL or NTSC as screen resolution for the projector I have attached to my laptop! (mac book). Then, I need a way to plug the multimedia player to the projector in such a way I can choose the resolution I want between they two.

Any suggestion? Is there a way to choose PAL or NTSC as display option for mac book?

Best,

Diego

• 3. Re: Resolution Matching for Multimedia Player
              Todd_Kopriva Level 8

Sorry, but I can't really help you with the settings on your hardware.

• 4. Re: Resolution Matching for Multimedia Player
                Buqpa Level 1

I understads

Thanks a lot anyway Todd, you have been really helpful

best,

Diego

• 5. Re: Resolution Matching for Multimedia Player
                  Buqpa Level 1

Well, it seems I solved it!

Just to put things clear: it was  just not changing resolution. I need an After Effects preview to compose  and the multimedia player to play exactly in the same way. Each pixel  had to be in the very same position. I did the following:

I  attached the laptop to the projector using a mini display to hdmi cable.  That was the key of all. Then I choose a 1280x720 resolution for my  After Effects composition, the very same that the projector recognized  from my laptop.

Then, I connected the multimedia player to the projector using a HDMI to HDMI cable.

It was quite a dumb solution, but you know, this things always mess a little bit!

Thanks everybody for your ideas an support! They showed my the way!