3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2010 10:31 AM by the_wine_snob

Premiere 9 unable to edit replace or delete transitions

keithathome256123

Hi

Really struggling with this:-

I have created a slideshow in Elements 9 containing stills and clips which I need to edit further in Pre. 9 to include scene markers and edit some of the clips. I right click the slideshow and select "edit in Pre. Elements" and then from the timeline again right click and select "break apart elements organiser slideshow" so far all ok. Unfotunately in the transfer it appears that transitions have been added where there arn't any in the original or have replaced a link between an additional pan/zoom on a still.  I have not been able to clear/delete or edit any of the transitions. The transitions look like they have been deleted or changed on the sceneline but when previewed the old ones are still there. I have also noted that some of the transitions are not compatible e.g. Gradient Wipe has a different effect in Elements that it does in Pre. Please help I really need to get rid of these unwanted transitions!!!

Keith

• 1. Re: Premiere 9 unable to edit replace or delete transitions
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The smartest solution would be to go back to the Elements Organizer file and make the revisions there, then re-import the slideshow back into Premiere Elements.

Not all of the transitions and motion paths the Organizer uses in its Create Slideshow tool translate directly in Premiere Elements, which may be why you can't always remove them, even when you break apart the file.

• 2. Re: Premiere 9 unable to edit replace or delete transitions
            keithathome256123 Level 1

Thanks for the advice, that looks to be the only way round it as I have

not found any of the transitions from Organizer Create Slideshow,

including "None" that PRE can change/remove etc. As far as I can tell

whatever options I select in the Create Slideshow (transition type and

duration and slide duration) seem to be set in concrete as far as PRE is

concerned.

What was really bugging me though was that PRE was inserting an unwanted

transition between linked slides, i.e. where an additional Pan&Zoom is

added to a still (which BTW is a super effect great for highlighting

multiple details on a photo). If I select all transitions in Organizer

Create Slideshow and change it no problem here, the links are left

alone, however PRE will apply that transition to the link i.e overwrite

it.  Workaround is to add any additional Pan/Zooms only AFTER setting a

default transition.

Keith

• 3. Re: Premiere 9 unable to edit replace or delete transitions
              the_wine_snob Level 9

Interesting Steve, as I would have assumed that Break Apart would have allowed full changes. Learned something new today, and it's barely 10:00AM here!

Thanks,

Hunt