2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2010 3:04 PM by MaximeR721

Import presenter presentation in Captivate

MaximeR721

Hello,

I’m looking for a way to import a powerpoint presentation already recorded with presenter 7 into captivate. My goal is to produce a single file (like .flv) of my presentation. I didn’t understand why there is no way to do that easily between presenter and captivate. I have captivate 3 or 5. Do you have an idea to import my presentation without doing that by hand, I mean, add the powerpoint presentation into captivate, add each recorded sound, and video if necessary.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: Import presenter presentation in Captivate
          Lilybiri MVP & Adobe Community Professional

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Why not create the SWF with Presenter and insert it in Captivate (Insert Animation)? Beware however: this will only be possible with Captivate 3 because Captivate 5 is AS3 only, while Presenter 7 is still AS2 only.

If you want to work with Captivate 5, what I could understand, why not import the PPT immediately in Captivate instead of using the intermediate Presenter?

Lilybiri

• 2. Re: Import presenter presentation in Captivate
            MaximeR721 Level 1

Hello and thanks for your help,

Why I don’t use directly captivate, it’s because I need to convert as video some presentations that already exist.

I didn’t really understand when you said “create an swf with presenter”. When you publish a video into a folder with presenter, you have a lot of swf which correspond to each slides with other stuff. Audio files are also separate. If you know a way to have all combine in only one file with presenter, I'm interest too.

Regards.