2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2010 10:19 AM by the_wine_snob

Know why Premiere Elements 3.0 won't start when I double click the icon?

genio7788

I have Windows Vista 32 bit.  I have Premiere Elements 3.0 and the 3.0.2 patch.  When I double click the icon, it won't load.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app but it still won't load.  It worked as recently as last week.  I had some virus issues so I took my laptop to Geek squad and they "fixed" the issues.

I never had this problem with Premiere before.  Anybody know what might be causing it not to start?

I have been considering an upgrade.  I see that they are up to version 9.  Will version 9 even work on Vista?

• 1. Re: Know why Premiere Elements 3.0 won't start when I double click the icon?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It depends.

What do you mean by "I never had this problem before"? Do you mean Premiere Elements worked fine until the Geek squad restored your computer?

Unless they totally wiped your hard drive and reinstalled your operating system, they may have patched but not totally fixed your problem.

Or it could be that your computer just needs a good cleaning and defragging. Assuming you've got adequate power and a good 30-50 gigabytes of free defragmented space on your C drive.

But there's a very good chance that, if you've re-installed version 3 and it still won't run, then version 9 won't run either. After all, if you still haven't remedied yoru core problem, a new vehicle isn't likely to make any difference, right?

Still, there's no harm in trying. Why not download free trial and see?

• 2. Re: Know why Premiere Elements 3.0 won't start when I double click the icon?
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Another question would be, did the Geek Squad install any additional software? It could be as simple as some anti-virus, or malware detection software now conflicting with the running of the program. This ARTICLE might be useful in setting up your computer for an editing session.

Good luck,

Hunt