Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Subclipse Error

Oct 21, 2010 Oct 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Coldfusion Builder with the Subclipse plugin and when I am in the Team Synchronization view I cannot right click on files.

I get the errors "Unhandled event loop exception" and "Could not find new menu: synchronize" reported in the error log window.

I have so far tracked this down to a problem with Aptana, which is built into CF Builder, but I can't figure out a way to fix it.

This happens both in CF Builder standalone and Eclipse Plugin.

Has anybody seen this and have any ideas how to fix it?

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2010 Oct 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem for ages. Since there's no way (I know of) to update just the Aptana portions of the CFBuilder package, I see no obvious way to fix it. From what I can tell, we have to wait for Adobe to move to newer Aptana components in CFBuilder. I hope I'm wrong -- this is indeed an annoying problem.

Here are some discussions of the problem:

I've tried switching to Subversive: same problem.

-- Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an official solution for this from adobe?  This is a constant issue for me and makes developing with CF Builder and Subversion more painful than it should be.

I would appreciate some feedback from Adobe.

Thanks,

Kyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 05, 2010 Dec 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please log a bug at: http://cfbugs.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you running the updated CFB? 1.0.0.274293

Help > About ColdFusion Builder

Failing that Could you try to use the Subversive Plugin?

http://www.eclipse.org/subversive/downloads.php

I use it with no issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 06, 2010 Dec 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bug has already been logged.

I got subversive working yesterday. My initial problem was with the connectors, but I realized that for some reason I could not connect to the subversive install site from my work network, I downloaded them outside and installed it and it works fine now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2011 Jan 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the link to the bug?

This has been driving me crazy for months now, would like to vote for it so it gets some attention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2011 May 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out a temporary fix until Adobe/Aptana gets their product fixed. Look in the plugins folder of the CF Builder install. There is a plug-in folder called "com.aptana.ide.syncing_X.X.X.XXXXXX". Open up the "plugin.xml" file in there. Change all occurrences of "synchronize to "aptanasynchronize (include the initial double-quote... there should be 16 replacements). Save the file. Start eclipse/cfbuilder from the command line with a "-clean" flag. Enjoy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation