3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 21, 2010 1:27 PM by pguerett

Reader Extensions does not recognize Flash Player

Working for a living

Hi All:

Rather new to Reader Extensions ES 2 and have installed it on a test system.  This use to work but now I am having a problem accessing the user web page.

Environment

Windows XP

IE 6 or 7

Flash player 9 or 10

Issue:

When I access http:// localhost:8080/ReaderExtensions/welcome I recieve a page display stating "This content requires the Adobe Flash Player 9 or above." Get Flash.

Steps taken to date:

I originally had Flash 10 but have tried downgrading to Flash 9 with no results.

Re-installed Reader extensions after changing Flash versions with no results.

uninstalled Reader Extensions and cleaned out the registry. reinstalled Reader extensions with no result

Note: the installation had no errors and was doing a Turnkey - express mode install

Upgraded IE from 6 to 7 with no results.

Searched the Internet for similar issues

Searched the Adobe forums with no results.

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks,

• 1. Re: Reader Extensions does not recognize Flash Player
          pguerett Level 6

Which version of LiveCycle Reader Extensions are you running. If it is an older release then Flash 10 woudl not have existed when it was released.

Paul

• 2. Re: Reader Extensions does not recognize Flash Player
            Working for a living Level 1

Hi Paul:

I am using ES2 or Reader Extensions 9.  I have tried both Flash 9 and 10.  From investigation on Web, 10 should be fine with ES2 but I downgraded it to version 9 just in case.

Regardless, it doesn't work with either Flash 9 or Flash 10. 

This is only a problem when trying to access the user interface.  I can access Reader Extensions AdminUI.  I can change settings etc so there is no problem with the install or configuration, I just can't load the user interface to actually reader extend a PDF.

One thing I noticed on my production system using LC Reader Extensions 7, in IE there is the Shockwave Flash Object (version 10) under "Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer".  I do not see this on the development system with ES2.

Thank you,

David Chamberlin

• 3. Re: Reader Extensions does not recognize Flash Player
              pguerett Level 6

If I remember correctly there was a patch put out to support Flash 10. It was not available at the time that reader Extensions was released. I think the fix was in SP1. Make sure you clear your cache in the browser or try the UI from a different machine (that has Flash player 9)

Note that my memory isn't what it used to be.

Paul