4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 9:51 AM by Peter Grainge

RH8: Cannot generate PDF even on a new, empty, project.

Grovesy

Hi there,

We recently purchased RH8 for our product manual. This manual is is made up of around 75 HTML pages. I have been trying to generated a PFD (via the File > Generate > PDF control) and it crashes during the generation, actually bringing up a the Windows "Adobe RoboHelp 8 has encountered a problem...".

In the Output View I can see many warning saying "Warning: Failed to save Word Document after appending a malformed topics:[name of html file]"

There are also many "Failed to build..." style messages!

This is proving a real problem as we cannot now produce a PDF for our customers.

To try to narrow down the problem I created a completely new project, did not add anything to it, and tried to generate a PDF of that but it also failed, but with a different message:

Failed to generate Printed Documentation (Printed Documentation). Please see compilation message for details.

When I see at the bottom these messages:

Updating Table of Contents...

Saving 'PDF_Test.doc'...

Generating 'PDF_Test.pdf'...

Failed the generate PDF file 'C:\PDF Test\!SSL!\Printed_Documentation\PDF_Test.pdf'...

Failed to save 'PDF_Test.doc'...

Cleaning up temporary files...

Internal error encountered,  Failed to generate Printed Documentation.

Any ideas what's causing these problems? I have made sure I have all the updates for RoboHelp.

Regards.