11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2010 8:49 AM by Colin Brougham

How can I replace same clips with the same time interval (same settings)?

Leonardo16

Dear Adobe Premiere CS5 Forum,

I have the following problem and I would like to look forward to receiving solutions:

As I couldn’t cut my video with clips in avi codecs (It is very hard to cut in avi codecs, except you have a very fast computer) I converted my raw clips into lower codecs. Then I cut my video in lower quality codecs. Now my video is ready to export.

But before I would like to export my video I have to replace all clips in avi codes so that my video is in a good quality.

Now the problem:

How can I replace video clips (from low quality codec to avi codec), so that the same clips in a different codec have still the same time interval. I want that the replaced clip have immediately the same time interval.

For example: A whole raw clip takes 2 minutes. But just a part / interval of the clip (from 1:00 minute to 1:10 minutes) is shown in the video. Now I would to replace this clip with the same clip in an avi codec. But It has to be the same interval (from 1:00 minute to 1:10 minutes).

I tried to replace a clip. But they have each a different time interval (the lower quality clip is from 1:00 to 1:10 minutes and if I would like to replace the same clip in avi codec it has the time interval from 0:00 to 0:10 minutes).

How can I replace the clip with the same time interval?

Thank you in advance

Leonardo