1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 21, 2007 6:30 PM by bregent

Password Protected-Directory

ambient2000
      Hello,

I am setting up a password protected area of a website. How do you set up another directory in Dreamweaver? Do I need to store all my 'password protected' files in a completely new folder from my existing website folder? Is the process the same as setting up a new website in Dreamweaver?

My web hosting company will set up a new directory for me, but I am not sure what I need to do in Dreamweaver with my 'password protected' files. Thanks
        • 1. Re: Password Protected-Directory
          bregent Most Valuable Participant
          >I am setting up a password protected area of a website. How do you set up another directory in Dreamweaver?

In the site panel, just select the root folder, right click and select New Folder.

>Do I need to store all my 'password protected' files in a completely new folder from my existing website folder?

Files you want to protect should go into a sub folder within your defined site.

> Is the process the same as setting up a new website in Dreamweaver?

No, you don't need to setup a new site. Just create a specific folder within the site for storing protected documents.