0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2010 5:35 PM by smon_ed

VideoPlayer component misaligned when in FullScreen mode.

smon_ed Level 1

I have an AIR 2.0 app built in Flash Builder.

My application runs in full screen mode.

stage.displayState = StageDisplayState.FULL_SCREEN_INTERACTIVE;
      stage.scaleMode = StageScaleMode.NO_SCALE;
      stage.align = "";

The stage.align = ""; appears to set my application to the centre of the screen, when shown on a monitor with a higher resolution than my app dimensions.

When VideoPlayer components are set to full screen, the display is misaligned.  The video position is offset by the same amount that the application is offset to display it centred on the monitor.  Because, by default, the video plays at a size to fill the entire screen, and is not confined to the application dimensions.

I hope that makes sense.

My possible solution is going to be to alter the dimension and position of the VideoPlayer when in full screen mode, so that it sits neatly over the top of my application stage. Or, change the alignment of the stage to TOPLEFT whenever the video is in full screen and hope that the video displays properly.

Or am, I not setting my application fullscreen up the best way perhaps?  Maybe there's a better practice to achieving it than that above?

Before I do that latter, which seems to be a bit of a hack, I wondered if anyone else knows of a solution to the problem?

Many thanks in advance for any advice.