5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2010 9:27 AM by Mylenium

can't run after effect

yamato uzumaki

hello, I HAVE  LITTLE BIT PROBLEM HERE

WHEN I CLICK TO RUNNING AFTER EFFECT, THE "beep" sound appear after i click it, but after effect still cannot running. there is no message appear too after all.` what should i do. please help

• 1. Re: can't run after effect
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Please provide exact info about your operating system, hardware and what version of AE. just saying that something doesn't work without the tiniest bit of context is utterly pointless.

Mylenium

• 2. Re: can't run after effect
            romtiyah

- Yamato Uzumaki -

I Have Windows Xp SP2 With RAM 2 Gb, Nvidia GForce 7200, 100 Gb Harddisc Drive C and 150 Gb Drive D With Intel Core Two Duo Inside. Sorru use different Account, I forget the old one.

• 3. Re: can't run after effect

No problem with that. Which version of AE do you try to use? your system is rather weak and I suspect that either your processor or your graphics card are too old and do not support the necessary extensions. This would in particular apply to CS4, which needs SSE. If it's the graphics card, you may try to remove the OpenGL plug-in in C:\Program Files\Adobe\After Effects CS4\Support Fiules\plug-Ins\Extensions and see if it launches without crashing...

Mylenium

• 4. Re: can't run after effect
                yamato uzumaki Level 1

look. before, i used to play with after effect all the time. WHEN I try reinstall windowss, and install after effect cs4 again, it failed to open after effect again. what happen? I really need after effect now to complete my homework. if i reinstall windows again, could that help me a bit?

• 5. Re: can't run after effect

When you reinstalled the operating system, it's possible you chose a different order of installing hardware drivers or you used different driver versions alltogether and now something is not compatible with AE. I really wish I could tell you more, but this really would require to see the machine hands-on. You can only check your device manager if everything is listed as working properly and then update the drivers, if necessary. Similarly, you can only try to reinstall all Adobe stuff after using the CS3/4/5 Clean Script and manualyl removing any old configuration data and program components that have been left in place.

Mylenium