2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2007 2:16 PM by efs

testing servers

efs
      I am trying to set up a testing server connection using Dreamweaver 8 on my Mac. I have checked all my information with the hosting company and know that all the information is correct. However I am not able to make the connection to the Database, the hosting company is using MySQL with PHPmyAdmin.

What was explained to me is that Dreamweaver assumes that the website is being hosted on the same server as the database, and that Dreamweaver is having a hard time finding the connection because this particular site is being hosted on a separate server than the database.
      When i go to set up the test server Dreamweaver gives you the options for "Access" FTP, None, Local/Network, or WebDAV. I was using the FTP.
      i really need some help this is my first experience with building databases, and I seem to be getting nowhere. I found a tutorial online that has been very helpful, but not for this problem.
      Tutorial is http://www.neulex.com/index.php/tutorials/dreamweaver/mysqlphp/connections/6
        • 1. Re: testing servers
          Level 7
          efs wrote:

> I am trying to set up a testing server connection using Dreamweaver 8 on my
          > Mac. I have checked all my information with the hosting company and know that
          > all the information is correct. However I am not able to make the connection to
          > the Database, the hosting company is using MySQL with PHPmyAdmin.

Who is your host?
          Can you use PHPmyAdmin locally/remotely?

Mick

>
          > What was explained to me is that Dreamweaver assumes that the website is being
          > hosted on the same server as the database, and that Dreamweaver is having a
          > hard time finding the connection because this particular site is being hosted
          > on a separate server than the database.
          > When i go to set up the test server Dreamweaver gives you the options for
          > "Access" FTP, None, Local/Network, or WebDAV. I was using the FTP.
          > i really need some help this is my first experience with building databases,
          > and I seem to be getting nowhere. I found a tutorial online that has been very
          > helpful, but not for this problem.
          > Tutorial is
          > http://www.neulex.com/index.php/tutorials/dreamweaver/mysqlphp/connections/6
          >
          • 2. Re: testing servers
            efs Level 1
            I can access phpmyadmin via the internet through the cpannel of the host. The host is Aosoft.com, i also have another host with the same problem Arkay systems.com.
            Thank you for trying to help me.