6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2010 8:31 AM by nealeh

Blue Screen only when attempting to burn to DVD

thepizzos Level 1

I have been working on a project for over a week now. I can share it via

the Web DVD, Online, Computer (even rendered a 77GB AVI)

and for Mobile Phones. All that works great.

When I click on the "Disk" option for Sharing my computer Blue Screens. I need help please.

My computer is an i7 960, 12GB of Corsair RAM, tons of Disk space, latest drivers on everything.

I got it to start rendering once in 25 tries, but it locked up PRE half way through.

Any help would be appreciated.

David

• 1. Re: Blue Screen only when attempting to burn to DVD on PSE9
          thepizzos Level 1

More info. I was able to delete all the Scene and Menu Markers by choosing the auto-play feature. I was able to burn the project, but without any chapters.

So once I add a chapter in this project, if I try to burn a DVD movie of it instant Blue Screen! I am running PSE9

David

• 2. Re: Blue Screen only when attempting to burn to DVD on PSE9
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

A lot depends on a lot.

Have you ensured that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card (from the nVidia or ATI site) and that you have the latest version of Quicktime?

What kind of camcorder is your source video coming from? Which project preset are you using?

Do you regularly defragment your C drive and remove .tmp files?

What happens if you select the option to burn your DVD to a folder on your hard drive rather than directly to a disc?

• 3. Re: Blue Screen only when attempting to burn to DVD on PSE9
              nealeh Level 5

And ensure that you have not added a stop marker to the end of the video - if you have, delete it. Reaching the end of the video is automatically treated as a stop marker, and if you add one manually it can cause PRE crashes.

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Blue Screen only when attempting to burn to DVD on PSE9
                thepizzos Level 1

Checked all that. This seems to be project specific. I was able to burn it

to an AVI file, then create a new project with just the AVI, but quality on the

DVD after using the AVI as the source was not very good at all. So on other projects I can

burn a DVD to folder. I always burn my DVDs to t folder then us Nero to create the actual disk.

So last night I tried something else, I clicked on auto-play instead of creating Menus and it allowed

me to burn the DVD. If I try to add any chapter markers when I click on the option to Share as a DVD

I do not even get to the next page where I can decided to burn to a folder or Disk. It Blue Screens my computer

on this project every time. Again if I choose not menu markers and only Auto-Play then it works.

I wish there was a tool to fix projects or export a timeline to a new project. I have a mix of about 10 short video clips and 400

still images all timed to music etc. Way too much time invested to re-create from scratch.

David

• 5. Re: Blue Screen only when attempting to burn to DVD on PSE9
                  thepizzos Level 1

I tried that. No help. My DVD has two parts

and the second part is "extra content" so I need a stop marker in the middle of the project to

enable me to have the "extra content" accessed via a Menu Marker.

I took the stop marker off the end of that. Even with the stop markers I can render to anything but a DVD. I can render to

MPEG, AVI, etc...

Thanks, but not a solution to this issue. I have bought almost every version of this product over the years and one thing I would really appreciate from Adobe is a tool to repair projects. We invest so much time and often they get corrupted and all my time is wasted.

• 6. Re: Blue Screen only when attempting to burn to DVD on PSE9
                    nealeh Level 5

The problem only occurs with a stop marker at the very end of the video tracks, so the marker in the middle would be fine. Another thing to look for is gaps between your video clips - that's another thing that can bring PRE down. Use PgUp / PgDn to move along the project and if it seems to 'stutter' then you have probably found a gap - zoom right in and if you do have one move the following clips to the left to remove the gap.

Cheers,
                    --
                    Neale
                    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children