7 Replies Latest reply on Oct 28, 2010 12:05 PM by CLB_2010

No audio imported

CLB_2010

Am using Trial PRE9 on WinXP.  Have imported from folder (originally flash memory) into organizer, then into project.  Some AVI files paste in fine, others without audio, intermittent problems.  Audio plays find in organizer.  Again, some clips from SAME shooting session and on SAME project playback fine.  On the timeline, I can see that the audio didn't come in from organizer pull.... ?

• 1. Re: No audio imported
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Can you be more specific?

What model of camcorder did your video come from and how did you get it into your computer? Which project setting did you select when you started your Premiere Elements project?

• 2. Re: No audio imported
            CLB_2010 Level 1

Used a Toshiba H30 at standard mode (not HD).  Downloaded files from cam to computer folder, later "get media" with PRE9.  Have 5 very shot clips, all the same process, 2 won't load in audio.  Inconsistent error (worst type)....  As stated, plays in Organizer, but doesn't translate into timeline.

thnx

• 3. Re: No audio imported
              CLB_2010 Level 1

p.s. Presets = Widescreen from Flash Memory camcorder.

• 4. Re: No audio imported
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

It looks like that camcorder shoots in a variety of modes and resolutions, including 1080p and 1080i.

Unfortunately, none of the specs indicate which codec they record to (There's no indication that it shoots in the AVCHD standard), so I can't promise that this video will work properly in Premiere Elements or even suggest a direction for you.

All I can say is that you'll need to experiment with a number of project settings. If possible, you want your project set up so that, when you place a clip on your timeline, there is no red line above it.

Sorry I can't be of more help. Some of these under-$300 HD camcorders use their own proprietary codecs and sometimes will only work with the editing software that came bundled with it!

EDIT

Apparently the camcorder does come included with with owns editing software as well as something called an ArcSoft Converter. If this converter will converter your video to a more standard format, that may be the key to getting it to work with Premiere Elements.

• 5. Re: No audio imported
                  CLB_2010 Level 1

I've returned the camcorder anyway due to other reasons.  Am looking at another  <$300 JVC.  :-)

Am attempting to learn this stuff, codec, etc.  The Toshiba created an AVI file, but realize that's doesn't translate one-for-one to Codec language.  Seems this is a baseline issue across the board of editing software (?)

Here's the read for the WideScreen file...

Video H.264/MPEG-4 AVC

Audio 0x00ff (AAC)

G-spot states both codecs are installed....

Will research here on forum what to do next and/or what codec's PRE9 can process.

thnx

• 6. Re: No audio imported
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I don't think the trial works with MP4

See if you can convert to DV AVI type 2 with 16bit 48khz sound for testing

• 7. Re: No audio imported
                      CLB_2010 Level 1

Thnx for idea.... Tried the file conversion route with some freeware.... wasn't sure which selection to pick, s.w. wasn't intuitive.  But, was able to sort-of convert and re-import into PRE9.  Now, those clips have VERY low volume sound.  So, in theory it helped.

1.  Again, the 6 clips come from the same camera, the same shoot, and in theory should be identical.  Only 2 have audio issues once dragged to timeline

2.  Can anyone recommend an intuitive freeware for converting files for WinXP?

3.  Now import another short 7min video into Photoshop website and there is no sound for the entire vid..... (sigh)

Thnx