1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 25, 2010 5:11 PM by Chris McLaughlin

Loading images glitch

Chris McLaughlin Level 1

Hi,

There's a lot more going on in this script than simply loading images.  First I am dynamically creating the movieclips into which the images are being loaded.  I am also dynamically creating masks which are used to make a refelction movie clip (basically an identicle clip that is inverted and place below the clip that is right-side up), and all the clips and masks are added to and positioned within a movie clip on the starge.  The problem is that even when verifying that each mask is in the right place and that the inverted clip has the mask as its mask (which are the last operations carried out by the script called by the image loader's Event.COMPLETE handler)  I still have missing reflections.  Usually the missing reflctions are the first reflections e.g. 1 and 2.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Chris McLaughlin

• 1. Re: Loading images glitch
          Chris McLaughlin Level 1

Hi,

In case anyone is interested.  I was eventually able to solve this problem by changing the order around so that loadImage(url) triggered the creation of the upright image loader and its complete event triggered the loading of the inverted image which in turn triggered the loading of the next upright image on its complete event.  Once all of the images were loaded and placed on the stage, I ran a function that created, placed, sized and assigned the masks.  Hope this helps somebody.