2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2010 7:43 AM by valter_rueda

Font (typography) loses alignment while exporting the FLA in different machine.

valter_rueda

Hello everybody,

I'm having a problem when I export the *. FLA was created in a machine different from mine.
      Every time I get a *. fla of a client in my machine and I export the fonts (typography) loses its alignment and distorts the original creation.
      Remembering that I have the *. FLA and fonts (typography) the original client.

Could anyone help me with this issue?

Thank you all.
      Valter Rueda

• 1. Re: Font (typography) loses alignment while exporting the FLA in different machine.
          Rothrock Level 5

Are these FLAs travelling back and forth from Mac to PC? If that is the case then there is little you can do about it. There are certain fonts that travel across platforms well and some that don't. But they all seem to have at least a little bit of a problem. I don't know if the new TLF has improved this issue, but it brings a bunch of other issues with it....

Are you absolutely certain you have the same fonts. Even fonts with the same names from the same foundries can actually be different versions. So be sure to check that.

• 2. Re: Font (typography) loses alignment while exporting the FLA in different machine.
            valter_rueda Level 1

Thank you for review.

Indeed in some cases the FLAs are created on Mac and PC are then exported, I believe that is the question. Is not there anything I can do?

I have a MAC here and this problem appears whenever I try to export. The question of alignment is solved but ends up interfering with the special characters of typography. When there is one is another.

Conclusion that in the end I have to ask the creator to export it again creating a new work unnecessary.

The technical answer to this problem then would be the high data exchange between Mac and PC FLAs?