Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC not updating

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2010 Oct 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I added one new entry to my TOC and renamed another. No matter what I do, on publish, the TOC is still the old listing, it doesn't include the new entries. I manually added them to the TOC myself and they are linked correctly. Why is this not getting updated on publish? I've tried setting the TOC publish setting to automatic and manual in my publish settings; neither alters the outcome.

What can I do to fix this? I just did this last month and had no issues on publish.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, this is RH8 HTML output to WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you generated before publishing? If not, then the publish step will still be publishing the last version, not the new version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I generated and published several times today. Everything else is publishing correctly, all my text changes are published, just not the renamed TOC entry and new entry. I thought perhaps I was missing a preference somewhere for publish.  Are there some output files I can check to try to see what's going on?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than one TOC and if so, is the correct one selected in the wizard?

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just one TOC and it is selected. It looks like things resolved themselves with the last publish. I suppose it could have been a cache issue or something. Either way, it appears to be working like it should!

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it happens again, press F5 in the browser.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp