5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2010 6:20 AM by Steve Grisetti

Elements 9 Help for Mac

SaintNation

I have just bought the new MACbook pro 15' and got adobe premiere elements 9 and installed it. Everything was ok until i put several kinds of video on it and it works fine until i start editing and then the program lags then crashes. I know I have enough memory and speed but i dont know what the problems are.  Please HELP!!!

• 1. Re: Elements 9 Help for Mac
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

What do you mean when you say you "put several kinds of video on it"? You do know you can't mix media formats in Premiere Elements, right?

What type of camcorder is your video coming from, and what settings are you using when  you start your Premiere Elements project? It's very important, in Premiere Elements, that your project specs match exactly your source footage.

• 2. Re: Elements 9 Help for Mac
            SaintNation Level 1

First I downloaded a music video from limewire and it is a mp4. I then uploaded to my elements and it played fine. It has the video and audio lines and plays smooth. When I add a title to it  and then try to play it, it its very jumpy and then the program crashes. I thought it was my video doing it so i then uploaded video through my web cam to test it. It did the exact same thing. What ever are the orginal settings is what I have it on.

• 3. Re: Elements 9 Help for Mac

I still don't know which project settings you used for the video project, but it probably isn't supported natively in Premiere Elements.

When you place the video on the timeline, is there a red line above each clip? If so, you'll need to render the timeline (press Enter) in order to work with the video. Remember to re-render whenever a red line appears above your clips.

Although I still can't promise the MP4 is supported in Premiere Elements. It is probably not a standard editing codec.

• 4. Re: Elements 9 Help for Mac
                SaintNation Level 1

Ok thank you so much...I rendered the video and edited it and it seems to be working. One problem is that every time I make a small change i have to render it again before playing. If I accidently forget to render it after a small change like a cut then the program crashes. Dothanks a I really have to render it after every change because this is really stupid. I have worked with Adobe Premeire elements before on windows and only had to render the video when i orginally put it on. If I have to render after every change than this is a horrible program and i wasted my money. Any suggestions? Thanks again for your help it has been greatlty appreciated.

• 5. Re: Elements 9 Help for Mac

I'm sorry, but you're working with a file this program is not designed to edit. (It's designed to work with video from camcorders.) These kinds of compromises in your workflow are inevitable. sorry.