2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 7:25 AM by MadManChan2000

New ACR 6.2 update causes problem with Oloneo HDR processor.

redcrown on guard Level 1

On October 21, 2010, I used Adobe Updater to update my Photoshop CS5 64bit install. That gave me Photoshop version 12.0.1 and ACR version 6.2.

Now I have a problem with the 3rd party HDR program called Oloneo PhotoEngine. Any raw file that I pass though ACR 6.2 to Photoshop and save as a tif is not recognized as a valid file by the Oloneo program.

Any raw file that I pass through Canon's DPP to Photoshop and then save as a tif is recognized as a vaild file by Oloneo. Any tif file that I created via the old ACR version 6.0 is also recognized by Oloneo.

I have tested several other 3rd party programs, and all of them can read files created via ACR 6.2. Only the Oloneo program has a problem.

Clearly, the problem is with Oloneo, but I'm trying to find some evidence, hint, or clue, that might tell them where to start looking. Any ideas on what is different about ACR 6.2? Maybe something in the EXIF that is new and confusing to others?

• 1. Re: New ACR 6.2 update causes problem with Oloneo HDR processor.
          redcrown on guard Level 1

The author of Oloneo has responded on a different forum:

-------------------------------------------

This is known issue with ACR 6.2.

Our investigations shows that ACR records in the Exif tag 42034 (Lens  Specification tag) a rational number in the form 0/0. This leads to a  divide by zero error. Because of that, the Tiff reader rejects the file.  This is the normal behavior since the Tiff file indeed contains invalid  data.

Next beta will handle this "special case" without failure.

-------------------------------------------

Reposted here for the record, in case others encounter the problem using different programs.

• 2. Re: New ACR 6.2 update causes problem with Oloneo HDR processor.
            MadManChan2000 Adobe Employee

I disagree.

According to the EXIF 2.3 specification, the description of LensSpecification (page 67 in my copy) contains the following:

This tag notes minimum focal length, maximum focal length, minimum F number in the minimum focal length, and minimum F number in the maximum focal length, which are specification information for the lens that was used in photography. When the minimum F number is unknown, the notation is 0/0.

I have highlighted the relevant sentence in boldface (i.e., my emphasis). Hence, 0/0 is actually a legal value for this tag.