3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 27, 2010 2:15 AM by Karel Bata

Getting AE and Premiere to talk to each other?

Karel Bata Level 1

It's a shame all the features of one aren't included in the other, and maybe they will be one day but till then...

I want to output high res stills from R3D files.

Premiere allows me to adjust ISO metadata settings, AE doesn't (or did I miss how to?)

AE lets me output at a resolution that Premiere doesn't. So..

I'd like to import a R3D file into Premiere, adjust the ISO, then open it in AE and export stills. All without exporting from Premiere, then re-importing into AE...

How do I do that? And will that metadata adjustment transfer over to AE?

Pretty please 

• 1. Re: Getting AE and Premiere to talk to each other?
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Are you referring to CS4? Then probably not. However, in CS5 this is a shared setting between the programs and should thus provide full features in both...

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Getting AE and Premiere to talk to each other?
            Todd_Kopriva Level 8

See this page for an overview of ways to move things back and forth between After Effects. There are many ways, each of which have pros and cons.

> Premiere allows me to adjust ISO metadata settings, AE doesn't (or did I miss how to?)

Please explain exactly how you're doing this. I'm not aware of any difference between After Effects and Premiere Pro in terms of what changes you can make to the ISO metadata for source files.

This page describes how to work with XMP metadata in After Effects.

> AE lets me output at a resolution that Premiere doesn't

What frame dimensions are you exporting to?

• 3. Re: Getting AE and Premiere to talk to each other?
              Karel Bata Level 1

In Premiere if you go to source settings you get a panel that allows you to adjust the ISO. In the camera this is purely metadata with no affect on the RAW image, but in Premiere changing this affects the output. In AE the metadata panel only seems to allow for the input/changing of 'passive information' like the name.

Dynamic Link did the trick. Cheers!